yealink provisioning template

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by miro, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miro

Hi,

i have 3cx v10, SP6, and all my phones are yealink (most of them are T22). I am using autoprovisioning. Extension information, codecs and time zones via autoprovisioning working great. The problem is when i change some things in 3cx management console under the provisioning templates, DTMF from RFC to INBAND, check new config status.... It seems that yealink dont take that new values, so i comment that values and manually config every phone for DTMF and stuff that I need. Is there any way to copy existing template and edit some things put that new template into 3cx and tell phones to take config from that custom templates.

2. albertc

Yes, once you edited the template, click apply, give it a new template name and new file name and change all the extension to use the new template.

3. miro

how to tell phones to use that new template?

thanks

4. albertc

On the user extensions under phone provisioning. Select the new template from the model selection. For example, if you named the new template as "Yealink T22_New", you will select "Yealink T22_New" as the model of the phone.

5. miro

Thanks for your quick reply

6. miro

Once again hi,

i created new provisioning template with new template name nad new file name. in drop menu i saw that the template name is stay default (now i have to Yealink T22 template ???? under the extension I choose "custom" template, phone is booting up and extension is registered and few sec later phone is updateing configuration and reboot with previous config. My custom configuration is not applied

please help

7. cjtrevor

I found this also, you end up with 2 templates with the same name in the drop down list.
    To find which is your new one, look in the <name> section near the top of the template.
    When you have found your own one, make a change in this line
    <model>Yealink T22</model>
    to become
    <model>Yealink Custom T22</model>
    or something similar
    and repeat for any <model> lines if there is more than one.
    Then you will see your custom template in the list and you can see which is which.

8. miro

I notice that, and just as you, i look into the template to see different between original al my template ;)

9. netswork

netswork Active Member

In your custom template just rename the phone model to model_custom or something like that. Then on the phone provisioning page select your custom model. You can just copy and rename the template to something new in :
    C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Templates\phones

then modify the template like below and your new option will be available in the drop down.

<models>
    <model>Yealink_custom</model>
    <model>Yealink T18_custom</model>
    <model>Yealink T20_custom</model>
    <model>Yealink T22_custom</model>
    <model>Yealink T26_custom</model>
    <model>Yealink T28_custom</model>
    </models>

Now when 3cx updates the templates your custom template will not be overwritten.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.