• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Yealink 'Register Failed' issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Catherall

Reaction score
Hello,

Yealink T42G, latest firmware.
Disallow use of extension outside the LAN is unchecked as required (remote site, connected via site to site VPN).
I have been able to provison 3 handsets manually but further devices are showing as 'register failed'. The account details are all correct, I've lost count how many times I've checked everything but all looks good. The handsets even have access to the 'remote phone book' so some sort of provisioning has taken place. I've reset passwords, user accounts etc. I'm absolutely stumped... Any idea's?

Hello @David Catherall

Since the phones are connected trough VPN then the option disallow use of extension outside the LAN does not matter as the phones should be provisioned as local extensions. How are the phones set to connect under the phones provisioning tab? Local or STUN?
Are you using a 3CX FQDN or your own custom FQDN?
Can you access the management console from the phones side by using the PBX local IP?
Your provisioning link consists of a local IP or a FQDN?

Hi @YiannisH_3CX
They are set to local, Provisioning link is IP based, I have also tried STUN and FQDN (Which is a 3CX FQDN). I can access the management console from the remote side. The phones can also ping the PBX.
What I find strange is that I managed to set up 3 handsets without issue and then subsequent handsets have met with this error. There must have been some success as the phones have access to the remote phone book, the phones UI password is the one set by 3CX. It's just that each shows Register Failed. The LCD dislay on the phones show 'disable' instead of the phone 'label'.

Do you have any issues provisioning phones at the PBX side or only to the VPN side? In the web interface of the phone do you see account details as well or just the phonebook? Follow the procedure outlined in the following guide and let me know if you have any success
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/manually-provision-yealink/

Hi @YiannisH_3CX
No problems provisioning on the PBX side, just the remote side.
I see acount details as well as phone book.
I've followed the guide to no avail.
I've been able to add second and third accounts the phones that have provisioned OK - these accounts registered immediately. It's just this bunch of handsets I can't get to register. Firmware etc. is the same accross the board, all at the latest level. It's really puzzling me.

Just to add...
Whilst following the 'Manual Provision guide' I see that creating an account on the phone is not a required step. I understand that when one would click 'Autoprovision Now' the account details would automatically be entered.
I have tried both manually inputing the account data and utilising the autoprovision. Still, the handset is failing to register.

Breakthrough!
If I manually create the user and use TCP rather than UDP as the transport it registers! Why would that be and is it OK to do it this way?

Reactions: eduadcsd
Do you allow UDP packets through the VPN tunnel? Sounds like you might have some limitations there.

Yeah, well thats one of the odd things. I have 2 specific firewall rules for UDP and TCP over 5060 and 5090. They are Cyberoam next gen firewalls and are extremely picky about what they let through. It has to be related to these devices. I'll perform some packet capture and see what I can fine. UDP has to be getting dropped somewhere. Anyway, as it stands, all handsets are up and running so I'll look at the finer details later. Thanks for your help. Cheers.

Glad to hear everything is working. If you do find the cause please update the post as i am sure it will help someone else down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.