Yealink Setup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by latitude, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. latitude

I have a new install of 3CX with Yealink T26 phones. I'm running into a couple of configuration issues with the client. They used to be able to do these things and now they can't, from what I can see. Any guidance would be appreciated.

1. Incoming calls - Have them going to a ring group right now. They used to have a button the reception phone that they pushed at night/lunch, so that the calls would go to the IVR. They want calls during the day to always ring the office so a live person can answer. Any way to get a night button like this implemented?

2. Different Rings - Would like to have different rings for direct lines vs. ring groups.

3. Shared Parking - They rely heavily on this. Noticed that it's a bit glitchy as far as parking/picking up calls and calls getting lost in the system and not showing up on the parking areas. I have BLF's set up on the phone for this as this is what they are used to.

4. Intercom - when calling internally, they would like the phones to "intercom" instead of ring. Is there a default setting for this that I'm not seeing?

2. efounco

efounco New Member

1. 3CX handles the switch automatically. You can specify multiple open/close times in the business hours section and setup your incoming rules accordingly. If that's not enough, you can setup "advanced" handling methods using a virtual extension:

http://www.3cx.com/forums/multiple-schedules-routes-for-all-incoming-calls-possible-22305.html

However, I find using queues works best. You can have people log in and out of the queue to handle calls at will. When no one is logged into the queue, the call will instantly transfer to the specified extension, ivr or ring group.

2. I'm not sure about the Yealink phones, but you can do this with the Cisco phones by setting up multiple extensions per phone and having a different ringtone assigned to each. Then, route the DID number to that extension versus the main.

3. I really have no idea about this one. Maybe you can try a different firmware revision for the phone. I'm using an older firmware revision on my Cisco phones because the BLF keys seem to work much better.

4. Use *9 + <extension> to intercom. It takes a little getting use to, but it works.

3. pmacleod

You can also put the *9 into the BLF configs on Yealink phones to make them a quick-intercom as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.