• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

YeaLink show BLF busy when DND set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsukraw

Free User
Reaction score
So i don't think there is a way to do this. But does anyone know if on a T46G and 3CX V12sp3 can you have the BLF key show busy(red) if someone has DND turned on?

Have a customer who asked about this when they would transfer a call to someones extension who had DND turned they dont know it is on so the call goes right to VM and the caller calls back. Aside from using the 3CXphone they were asking if there was a way to know.

Good question.

I do not think the feature as you have outlined is available. To confirm -

There are 2 types of DND available. There is the one that is in the Yealink itself (DND button) and the other which is a dial code (*61). The Yealink DND in its local default implementation when sent an invite will respond with a 404, 480 or 486 response code if DND is set. You can set the code thru the web interface. Being local, it does not impact the BLF, but rather lets the system know that should a call come in and be directed to the extension that it will not take the call due to the response code selected. You may get a partial ring sometimes.

On the other hand, the Yealink does allow for custom configurations of the DND key. It can be set to accommodate a single account, multiple accounts and modified to send a specific dial code such that the DND is accommodated at the system level rather than at the phone level.

My take is that if using the dial code of *61 does not set the BLF key, then there is nothing you can do programmatically at the phone to somehow get the system to set the BLF key to busy and have the system react to same accordingly.

When using the dial code, it does reflect a busy (BLF) when set to on using the presence feature of the v12 client software, I just don't happen to have a Yealink here at the house this Sunday morning to test.

Larry,
Is this only in v12?
(I am still on v11 because of the way they implemented some features in v12 and my users cried bloody murder.)
When a phone goes to DND using *61 the light on the phone turns RED momentarily while dialing, then goes back to GREEN. The same happens when using the *3 dial codes.

We use *30 and *32 here for DND as it affects what MyPhone shows - but again, does not affect the BLF lamp. From what I understand, this is not an implementation of BLF.

Craig -

Good to hear from you.

I may not have been clear in my earlier. So..........

When setting DND at the phone using the Yealink DND button, nothing changes anywhere else. The DND icon shows on the phone display, but the phone is acting on its own and responding with a busy here response as its default. No BLF lamp change anywhere.

When dialing the associated dial code for DND at the 3CX level, the BLF lamps on the phones show no change either.

What does happen however is that the 3CX client software will reflect the change. I consider it to be two functionalities in one app. The first function is the softphone. When *61 is dialed for an extension, the DND icon within the softphone comes on. Further, in the second function, the presence screen, it too will change the status to show DND for the extension, but apparently only when the extension was showing as available .....not as away, out of office, etc. Of course, this does seem to make sense as DND would not normally come into play if one were not there to set.

That sounds more like what we have... except we set the DND button on the Yealinks to dial DND-ON (*32) and DND Off (*30). Then the phone and MyPhone both show DND.

(The issue we run into is when someone sets DND with phone, then unsets with MyPhone. The phone stays in DND mode and they wonder why they are not getting calls...)

Sorry to revive this old thread but I need to confirm I understand this with V15 and Yealink T42G.

I understand that the phone's native DND key is local only. Let's not use that.

Basically what is surprising to me is that if I tell 3CX "Do Not Disturb" ext. 10, e.g. by setting that in 3CXPhone, the Yealink BLF for ext. 10 stays green.

In other words, the BLF light can't be used to identify if the person is available, even though the 3CX server knows when they are not. 3CX does not pass availability status to BLF subscribers.

The only thing the BLF light indicates is whether the other extension is actually engaged in a call.

Is that right? Is that really the desired functionality? It seems BLF should be synchronized with availability.

Thanks,

Yep. Same in v15. If you want a BLF light change, it has to be with an active call. I did a work around once that I made a post about, but all it does is tie up a phone with a call to an unused park.

is there any planning in changing that? It might be much better to see directly if a person is Availble or not...

100% agree that BLF keys should change somehow when status changes.

Sorry to revive this old thread but I need to confirm I understand this with V15 and Yealink T42G.

I understand that the phone's native DND key is local only. Let's not use that.

Basically what is surprising to me is that if I tell 3CX "Do Not Disturb" ext. 10, e.g. by setting that in 3CXPhone, the Yealink BLF for ext. 10 stays green.

In other words, the BLF light can't be used to identify if the person is available, even though the 3CX server knows when they are not. 3CX does not pass availability status to BLF subscribers.

The only thing the BLF light indicates is whether the other extension is actually engaged in a call.

Is that right? Is that really the desired functionality? It seems BLF should be synchronized with availability.

Thanks,
The Yealink DND can be setup to be local and send a dial code to 3cx. That is how my T48 is setup. Now... I have seen a screenshot of the DND page of the WebGUI and it shows the Dial Codes as I have seen for the last 5 years. However, I have also seen a few devices on the current firmware and the Dial Codes are missing in the WebGui. Yealink recommended doing RECOVERY on the device. I just haven't had time to do this yet.
You can still program it from the 3cx Template - even if it does not show up in the WebGUI. I modify the template slightly to send *32 and *30 for DND On, DND Off.

But would any of the template customizations cause Status to show on another user's desk phone?

It would only show briefly when the call is made to 3cx, the *30, *32.
The BLF is just a BLF. "BUSY"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.