Yealink - show name on outgoing internal calls [SOLVED]

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I am using Yealink T38's.
    When I dial an internal number, can it display the username assigned to that extension and not just the extension I dialed?

Maybe, I dial 4999 by accident - display should show "Joe Smith - 4999" - and I go "oops" I meant to call "Jane Smith".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: show name on outgoing internal calls

As far as I'm aware, showing the name associated with the number you are dialling, is a function of the internal phonebook of the set, if available.

3. craigreilly

You are 100% correct. I added a contact and dialed the number and it showed the name.

So now I need to find a way to download my entire extension list to each phone without going to each phone manually...
    Ahh - contactdata.xml - ok. This seems like a lot of extra work.

My current 15 year old system shows the name of who I am dialing...

Something I see as a problem is that by me updating the local phonebook always - the user would lose their custom entries.
    There needs to be a solution - but it sounds like it is not 3cx problem but Yealink issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. craigreilly

I have tested your theory again on an Aastra that we have a few of - for remote extensions. They dial a number and the name as it appears in the Extension list comes up for outbound calls.
    So - I wonder what I need to change on the Yealink to make this happen. I am just not very happy with the LDAP lookup as it is for PreDial - and if you dial the number quickly and hit send, the lookup never happens.

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

While not the "dynamic" solution you want, I am wondering if you go to the directory button and then go to remote and finally 3cx, if that will load the then current 3cx directory into memory such that future calls will then display the name, if available, from the time of the download? It is not the complete solution you want, but if it works, it may be a more palatable solution to the latency from the ldap you use today. If you don't have many directory changes, might be a better solution than the latency with ldap lookup.

I will still look into when my shipment arrives, but don't have anything to test or play with at the moment. Every spare phone I had - aastra, polycom, yealink and Panasonic is out on loan to a client while I his are enroute.

6. craigreilly

It doesn't seem that invoking/downloading the 3cx phonebook initialy helps the situation.

7. craigreilly

Thanks to lneblett for finding the solution.
    I had to use the UK Firmware and use these settings in the template:
    SRemoteName.Enable = 1
    SRemoteName.FlashTime = 3600 (how often to grab update in seconds)

8. craigreilly

On a sidenote: I loaded up the UK Firmware in a T22 to enable the SRemoteName. Same settings as my T38 - Enabled and 3600 seconds. It does not seem to get the RemoteName as the T38's do... :evil: nor do the T26 or T28.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.