yealink sip-t22p issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dlazure, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlazure

i have a Yealink sip-T22P connected to my 3CX Phone system and each 10 seconds the phone shows the 3CX logo and than comes back to normal display. the phone also loose a couple of seconds of the actual time compared to the others phone each time it does that

anyone have a clue?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Many phones, including the Yealink, have an option whereby you can download a logo or company name for display/branding purposes. The standard 3CX phone templates usually include activating this feature and then including the 3CX logo. When the phone is not in use, there is normally a timeout period whereby the phone will go into a screen saver mode (another option or even display a wallpaper mode) in which case it will then alternate its display between the logo and the normal phone status.

Most likely, what you are seeing is normal, not withstanding the loss of seconds. Your can either modify the template to your needs - new logo, no logo, disable the feature, or; you can manually use the phone's web interface to do the same, but if you do the web phone interface, you will also need to disable the automatic provisioning aspects as otherwise the phone will reload the template at some point in the future and you will be right back to the same issue - 3CX logo and alternating display.

3. dlazure

for the lost of seconds i mean if the phone display shows the timr 01:15:00 and thyan go on the logo and will come back 3 seconds later at 01:15:00

so the phone loose his time. it does not look like a screensaver thing

4. lneblett

But does not the time catch back up?

In other words:

You seem to be implying that the logo display kicks in and when the display comes back, it still says the same time as before thereby losing the 3 or so seconds that were used while showing the logo.

So, assume that over the course of an hour, and the hour started at 1PM, that the logo is displayed a total of 100 times at 3 seconds each, this equates to 300 seconds or 5 minutes. When all other phones show that it is now 2PM, the Yealink shows 1:55PM? The phone never recovers to the correct time?

I have not observed this and have plenty of T22s installed and almost all using a custom logo. My clients, I feel certain, would complain about the accumulated loss of time over days, weeks, etc.

5. dlazure

ok sorry

here an update

the phone doesnt loose time but i tried to find a way to stop the logo to show up every 3 seconds... can you guide me?

you say you installed a lot of t22 are they doing this by default? customer likes it?

6. lneblett

Not by default.

The phones come from the factory with the feature disabled. If you use the provisioning template from 3CX (which you do if you specify the model when installing) it will enable the feature and then download the 3CX logo. This is what you are seeing.

I usually install a custom logo which represents the clients brand. The Yealink website has the tools (free and instructions) that allow you to take a BMP file and convert to a DOB file which is then uploaded into the phone. The T22 has 3 options with regard to the logo - none, system or custom. OPen the phone web browser and navigate to phone and then the sub-tab features. You will see an entry that says "use logo", where you can make your selection.

If you select none, then only the standard phone display will show. no logo and no alternating display. If you select system, then the Yealink logo will display. If custom, it will display the logo file called for in the provisioning template or whatever you manually upload via the web browser.

However, keep in mind my earlier caution - if provisioning is enabled, it will overwrite any manual settings made when the next provisioning cycle takes place. You will need to modify the template so you get what you want when provisioned or you will need to disable the provisioning/update settings in the phone so that provisioning does not occur. I use both scenarios as it depends on the level of complexity needed by the particular phone. I leave some provisioned and modify the templates and with others I disable the provisioning and manually setup.

I almost always use a custom logo. It is especially useful when selling a system to go in with a phone with a large (color) display showing the prospective customer's logo as most don't even have a clue that something like that is possible. While the color display shows it off more, the feature is available in most of the other phones (such as the T22) as long as they have a graphical display.

Of course, some logos will look better than others as it depends on size, intricacy, resolution, etc. Nevertheless, it is generally called "branding" where the phone display is being used a promotional tool. 3CX is doing precisely this by using "your" display to promote their product. People who have no idea of who or what a 3CX is might see this on a display and ask. You must admit that the users of the system have no idea of the PBX maker and if asked and not using MyPhone, would likely be inclined to look at the phone and see its manufacturer's name and guess that the PBX is the same as the phone make.

I have attorneys (vain by nature) who love it. They put a T38 or T32 (color) in all common areas where clients and particularly other outside attorneys are apt to see and use. It is a statement of their success...like driving a fancy car..... regardless that they may still be a start-up.

Not only does it help me sell, but to a degree it promotes their name and sales.....and I get a better margin on the sales. Even if not color, most still consider it cool and impressive and more importantly desirable. Would you rather have Cisco, Polycom, Yealink, Panasonic or some other phone manufacturer's name/logo on your display........ or yours?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.