Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Yealink T20P - 3CX v10 SP6 (Win7 Pro 64Bit)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by WhitecroftGreenPBX, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhitecroftGreenPBX

Hi,

We have demo'd 3CX for some time with no problems; even playing with the configuration (had a look at ACT! CRM integration and Outlook / SKYPE) . All worked fine under XP Pro, but on upgrading to WIN 7 Pro 64Bit we seem to be hitting brick wall after brick wall. (We are using IIS not other (Abyss?))

My main problem is our Yealink T20Ps are not being picked up by 3CX and therefore cannot be provisioned. They where okay under XP Pro. (I tried with win phone v6 under Win 7 64bit and all okay)
    Firmware 9.61.0.85. Also tried on the 9.60.x.x firmware.

I have read a lot of posts but not found the answer to this. Could anyone nudge me in the right direction?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I have a number of the T-20s in use on WIn7 64bit systems with IIS. No issues with provisioning. My initial take is that you may need to update the phones as to where the provisioning files are located as the file structure between Xp & WIn7 changed.

The phone should have:
    http://your local IP:5000/provisioning/
    Set on the "Upgrade" and "Advanced" tab of the phone interface.

The provisioning files should be located on the WIN 7 machine @:
    C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning (unless you have some custom config)
    As I never ran the system on XP and am uncertain how you accomplished the migration, I am assuming that possibly a backup and restore may have been the method and I don't know if XP and WIN7 located the provisioning files in the same location. I also don't know if the migration involved a move from 3CX v9 or earlier to the current v10 in which case there are some changes to the provisioning ports.

Nevertheless, the above settings should get you back on track.

And you need to ensure that any firewalls to include the Windows firewall on the machine of interest is set accordingly to allow traffic through port 5000

3. WhitecroftGreenPBX

Ha, sent a private message at first but can now reply..

Provisioning was looking at x.x.x.3:5000 - 3CX server is on x.x.x.2:5000

When machine first fired up it did not have a fixed IP - must have wrote the .3 - I then fixed the IP to .2 so .3 no longer exists...

Just need to survive on reinstalled old hard drive (and XP) until the weekend and can swap back to the new harddrive and (win 7 64). Whats the chances of it failing before then .....

Thank you for advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.