YeaLink T21PE2 not registering with different Firmware versions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by petewatterschats, Mar 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

I have 2 Yealink T21PE2 Phones one is working just added the 2nd and the auto provisioning does not work

Working phone has Firmware version 52.80.0.70 Hardware version 52.0.0.0.0.0.0

Non provisioned Phone Firmware version 34.72.181.1 hardware version 34.1.0.0.0.0.0.0

Used the phone interface to install new firmware version T21P_E2-52.80.0.95 (after attempt to provision phone) went through the process but after update firmware version shows 34.72.181.1

Hooked it up, assigned an extension, but still shows as new

Accessed the phone web page Account Tab Register Status shows as failed

Both the working phone and the new phone on the phone web page Status Tab show AccountStatus - Account 1 extension:172.16.145.1:Register Failed

Server host is correct IP address of 3CX server

Account Register TAB for not provisioning phone has A STUN Server is listed 217.10.79.21 but I have no idea where this came from the Working phone does not have an entry for this.

Looking through the web interface I see a lot of information that came from the server

Management Console

Phones
    Phone model and firmware = Yealink T21D 34.72.181.1(older than phone working)
    Name = new
    UserID = New
    User Password = new
    Pin = new
    IP of Phone 172.16.228.20
    mac address = a mac address
    Status = blank

2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

I am afraid you mixed up a few things…
    This is the Yealink SIP-T21P E2

This is the older Yealink SIP-T21P and EOL
    Also the phone is running on customized firmware and that’s why you can’t upgrade the firmware. Please ask the reseller where you bought the phone if they are willing to unlock the firmware.

It is not possible to flash the phone with other firmware. The phone is running 34.x.x.x firmware so it can’t be flashed with 52.x.x.x firmware.
    Also if you want to flash the phone with firmware supported by 3CX, you have to flash the phone using 3CX and not using the phone interface.

I say on other 3CX installs that Yealink phones using .181. firmware where unable to provisioning, simply because 3CX didn’t see them. The only way was to manually programming the phones .

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

before your response I found out they shipped me a T21P not the T21P E2 I ordered so I am dealing with that now

I was some how able to get it provisioned. I removed it and repeated the provisioning processes and it provisioned but I still do not have the phone I ordered. The place I bought it gave me a full credit and told me to keep the phone

Thanks for your help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.