Yealink T22 as remote extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by golden, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golden

New to this and am just setting up (well trying) my first client. I prefer not use the tunnel solution (which does work) and would like to get this phone working as a remote extension. It works if calling from it but if you ring in, it rings the user pickes up but hears nothing and on the callers end it just keeps ringing. I have searched and found the same problem in other posts but nothing giving me a resolution and some date back to 2008 so am hoping someong can point me to a link or resolution. Firewall checker completes wihout error plus firewalls off both ends as for testing, phone registers I see the extension with the remote IP, two way audio when dialing out from it. all seems fine but when answered it just doesn't work and as said the other way works fine.

Someone solved this already? Is it a phone setting? Any help much appriciated

Thanks

Jason

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The tunnel is only for use with the 3CX proxy manager or a version of the 3CX phone, that supports it.

What IP is showing up in the 3CX log? The private IP of the set, or the public IP of the remote router that the set is behind? It should be he latter. If you see the private IP of the set, the the set may not be set up to use STUN, or the settings may be incorrect. If there are any other SIP devices ( or the router has an in built ATA), at the remote site, there is a possibility of a port conflict.

When setting up an ATA for use at a remote site (single set), or one that moves around, I always use a higher than usual (default 5060/5061) port number on the set.

3. jason99991

Thanks for reply leejor,

My account got locked out, would not re-activate (still won't, so set up a new one) will see whats going on there later but hence the delay.

Tunnel, yes was using proxy manager. IP I see registered is the latter public IP. I hope to be able to test again later today .. I asked for my 'tester' (who is an IT technician) to check the router for sip helper but i did change the setting on 3cx to Allowsourceoutbound to 1 which I read should elliminate that problem if existing?

I will try the a different port as suggested just in case but would have thought my collegue would have mentioned if the router had built in ATA.

Thanks

Jason

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It might help, if the set were shown registering using a private IP, but, you may still have other issues with the audio ports being blocked.

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Why don't use solutions which does work? What is the reason?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Ian Joyce

Have you upgraded to the latest firmware? There were some issues with Yealink phones remotely on the older firmwares.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. jason99991

Thanks for the replies, I will let you know how it turns out. I think the problem is the router at the remote site (sagem with sky as isp) I think it has a sip-helper but with there branded routers a lot of the config is hidden from the web interface and you have to edit the cofig. file. .. I think using a different port will solve.

The yealink has the latest firmware. The reason I didnt want the tunnel solution (at first) is because it requires the use of a PC. My client has four remote sites which pretty much have a single PC each. Didn't want the extra support calls if the PC isn't switched on or goes down for some reason. But after looking at the several attempts to hack the system from so far Germany & Afaganistann I am wandering if I want port 5060 open

I will let you know how it goes

8. calsmiller

I think I am having the exact same problem.

Remote YEALINK phones (brand new, arrived today)
    Latest 3CX server
    All extensions are remote

All outbound calling works just fine
    Inbound calls ring, phone won't pick up and then just ring and ring - it's like the phone doesn't recognize that someone is answering. When I do finally get it to stop ringing, there is no audio.

A bit stuck...any ideas ? I was hoping to get this install done tomorrow morning...but we all know how that goes.

9. jason99991

What I was going try was changing the port from 5060 to say 5065 and see what happens as am suspecting a sip helper on 5060 . Could be something on the phone its self but I dont think so as works ok through proxy and tunnel which I would suggest you use if it's possible.

If you remote extensions are behind a router that has a sip-helper (and you can) turn it off. This is what I think is causing the problem.

Looks like you may arrive at a solution before I have had a chance to test again so would help me to know how it goes :D

It's a real strange one.. I've seen very simillar posts dating back to 2008 but none have posted a solution or reason.

Good luck tomorrow

Jason

10. star1

11. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I am on firmware 7.61.23.11 working just fine for my T22's.
    My internal port is 5196.
    Ath the same time, I also turned on keep alives on the 3cx so not sure if that helped at all but I am happy to leave it on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.