Yealink T22 Time Zone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by coreybrett, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coreybrett

I just got a Yealink T22 auto provisioned and running on my 3CXv8 server.
    Having trouble with the time zone. I have followed the instructions in the wiki, but still no luck.
    I can change it manually in the web UI for the phone, but would like it to work automatically.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

You can create custom template and then use it to provision your phones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

This is a known issue with v.8

have different Yealink phones at my lab. SIP 20T, SIP 22T, SIP 26T and SIP 28T. I use 3CX built-in autoprovisioning feature to provisioning these phones. But I noticed that phones is not fully provisioned. They receive only SIP settings from 3CX, but not receiving other settings, like Time Zone and so on. I have spent some time to investigate this issue and noticed that 3CX not produce full config files for all Yealink models.
    I have obtained Yealink Autoprovisioning manual and noticed that should be a two files for each phone.The manual says:

There are 2 configuration files both of which are CFG formatted that the phone will try to download from the server. We call them Common CFG file and Phone-specific CFG file. The Common CFG file will be effectual for all the phones of the right model. However, a Phone-specific CFG file will only be effectual for one specific phone which can be tell by its MAC address. A common CFG file has a fixed name for each model while a Phone-specific CFG file is named after a MAC address of a specific phone. The names of the Common CFG file for each model are:
    T28: y000000000000.cfg
    T26: y000000000004.cfg
    T22: y000000000005.cfg
    T20: y000000000007.cfg
    T10T: y000000000003.cfg

There are 11 zeros between the letter y and the last number. The last number is decided by the hardware version of the relevant model, for it is the first number of the hardware version of the model. For instance, for a T28 whose MAC address is 001565113af8, the 2 configuration files for it will be: y000000000000.cfg and 001565113af8.cfg.

Then I noticed that 3CX produce only y000000000000.cfg file. (i.e. for T28 only)! But what about other models?
    Currently I solved the problem by manual renaming y000000000000.cfg to y000000000005.cfg and so on. But this is not a solution!

4. coreybrett

Thank you for your help!!!

I did as you suggested at the bottom of your post and it worked for me too.
    I had noticed before that the SIP settings did not display in the phone's config, but now they do.
    I had to add the following line to my “y000000000005.cfg” file to get the DST to work correctly.
    Code:
    OffSetTime = 60
    I wonder if they will fix this issues in v9?

I wish they would improve (add/update supported phone models) there provisioning support. Maybe just hire one guy to sit in his office and play with every phone he can get his hands on. (Or at lease the top 20 models or so that the popular vendors are selling)

I really like this Yealink (T22P) phone so far, seems pretty solid, but I've only had it a day or so. For less than $100 it seems like a great option for SMB.

5. igor.snezhko

There are several guys on this forum that are 3CX test engineers.

Actually, this issue must be fixed in v.8 as well, because this is clear bug

6. sunstate

sunstate Member

This is kind of rediculous. Igor originally reported this on March 3rd, and it was acknowledged by 3CX staff on March 9th, and it's still not fixed.

I made a copy of the y000000000000.cfg and renamed it y000000000005.cfg, and now my T22's are picking up a few more of the settings (voicemail button and timezone), but I still don't have MWI. Does the MWI work on your guys' phones?

Igor, where did you get the auto provisioning manual? I would like to take a look at it to figure out what Timezone settings I need to set. We are kind of weird, we are MST with no DST. I'm assuming if I want 12 hour format and MST with no DST it would be this?

[ Time ]
    path = /yealink/config/Setting/Setting.cfg
    TimeZone = -7
    TimeServer1 = pool.ntp.org
    TimeServer2 = pool.ntp.org
    Interval = 1000
    SummerTime = 0
    TimeZoneInstead = 8
    StartTime = 3/28/2
    EndTime = 10/25/3
    TimeFormat = 0

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. igor.snezhko

Sorry for my English.
    I meant that 3CX have to fix this bug in v.8 also, not only in v.9.

Regarding Provisioning Manual - I received it from local Yealink representative while investigating the issue with 3CX
    http://rapidshare.com/files/398167859/Auto_Provision_Manual_version_1.2.doc.html

P.S. Do not forget to rename Yealink autoprovisioning file EACH TIME you make any changes in template. Because those changes will apply to T.28 template only!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.