Yealink T22P web interface and CTI

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by PRE114, Mar 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRE114

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi there

    I hope someone has an explanation for this weird behavior:

    We have two separate 3CX installations using Yealink T22P phones. Until upgrading to latest 3CX version and latest Yealink T22P firmware, things were ok.

    After the upgrade, we have the following behavior that occurs after a while:

    - Phones stop responding to Remote Control commands (CTI mode in 3CX)
    - The phones web interface also becomes unavailable

    After a reboot, the phones behave normally, until after a while when they lock down again.

    We have tried using the phones in various configurations - provisioned by the 3CX system or manually configured.
    We made sure remote control is allowed from "any".

    It seems to me that the firmware pushed by 3CX (7.73.0.60) is at fault - either causing the phone to blacklist the local subnet (or any IP) or by simply crashing the web server after a while. I would guess it is the latter as a nmap scan does not detect httpd behind the ports 80 and 443.

    I find this issue really disturbing - regardless of the fact that the phones are not supported anymore. Any vendor has an obligation to make sure older equipment can still be used in the long term and the fact that the latest versions (3CX + Firmware) are basically rendering the phones useless is deeply upsetting..

    We did extensive testing and it looks like the firmware version pushed by 3CX is heavily customised and causes this behavior.

    I wonder if someone else is experiencing similar issues or if someone has any hints into how to fix it. Moving beck to a previous 3CX version is not an option due to ICT compliance requirements.
     
  2. apostolis_3CX

    apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2017
    Messages:
    150
    Likes Received:
    15
  3. PRE114

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi apostolis_3CX

    I am aware of the known limitations.
    However, it happens that I also know that the Yealink phones run some form of embedded Linux and this behavior is forced at some point by a script.

    This is obviously a limitation imposed artificially.
    After all, with stock firmware, the same phones can be controlled and work fine. What's the problem in developing new versions that are still backwards compatible with older phones?

    I guess I'll be better off giving up 3CX and develop a small Windows 10 app that controls the phones and works with some Asterisk box.

    I am really disappointed in 3CX's approach in this instance.
     
  4. YiannisH_3CX

    YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    May 10, 2016
    Messages:
    3,497
    Likes Received:
    239
    Hello @PRE114

    Please try downgrading these phones to firmware 7.73.0.50 and see if that resolves your issue. The firmware we are using for the phones is made by Yealink and provided to us. These phones were set by Yealink to EOL so they won't be making newer firmware to support the the newer functions of the PBX. There were some issues reported about the web server of the phones crushing when the firmware was released and we did report it to Yealink but since these phones are EOL no fixes will be provided by Yealink. If you are affected by this issue (not everyone was) then i would recommend reverting to the mentioned firmware.
     
  5. PRE114

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks @YannisH_3CX for the confirmation.
    I will take it with Yealink - we already tried the 7.73.0.50 firmware and it does not work. Did some packet trace and it looks like the 3CX software in CTI mode is sending the request only formatted for uaCSTA and that version doesn't support it.
    Cheers
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.