Yealink T23G provisioning Limitation

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cfive, Feb 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfive

cfive Member

Hi, with T23G provisioning I see this on the 3CX website:

" On the Yealink T40P, T23P/G & T32 the 3 buttons are fixed to “Line” and they have no BLF keys. "

I don't quite understand this: is this a limitation of the 3CX provisioning template, or is there some other reason why there must be 3 line keys?

Firstly, it seems a bit of a waste of keys. Secondly, it confounds the users ;-). Thirdly, it seems the yealink documentation states that these keys can be configured to other than "line" keys. However, configuring, say, button two and button 3 in the extension config doesn't seem to change anything on the phone; still 3 line keys, all the same line.

I did notice a post from 3CX support that suggested this could be changed in the phone interface, but then one would need to turn off auto-provisioning or the settings would be overwritten ... Surely there's a way to do this via customizing the 3CX provided template? Or not ;-).

Thanks, Les.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

There is no reason that there must be 3 lines keys, but given those are called 'line keys' by Yealink I think it sort of made sense to assign them all to line 1. The functionality that gives the user as is is that if that extension, if it has "Accept more than 1 calls at the same time" enabled, it can answer up to 3 calls easily by pressing those buttons and switch between 3 active calls using them. Obviously the phones can handle more but you would have to switch between them using the arrow keys.

Sure though, changing their functionality through the templates is completely possible.

3. cfive

cfive Member

Thank you NickD, I'm not at all familiar with Yealink yet; this is my first deployment with them. I'm quite familiar with grandstream, but switched based on the "not supported by 3CX" stand.

It's not obvious to me where in the provided templates this can be configured. I'll have to discover it (unless some kind soul can point me in the right direction) - perhaps I need to take the default template and create a custome template, adding a section to it.?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Fellow Canuck to the rescue here. FInd the yealinkT4x.ph.xml template file and edit it with notepad. The section I have copied below are the ones you want to change. Likely just linekey.2 and linekey.3. They Type = 15 sets them to line keys and the line = 0 sets them to default line. Grab the Yealink Auto Provisioning Guide below. Page 172 is where you want to look for the types and syntax. Type 13 is Speed Dial, Type 16 is BLF, Lots of options. If you have trouble tell me what you want to set the keys to do and I can give you the exact change. I can customize the template for you so that on the T23 key 2 and Key 3 read BLF 1 and BLF 2 From 3CX Provisioning if you like.

http://support.yealink.com/attachmentDo ... V73_40.pdf

{IF ua=SIP-T23G}
    #Configure Line Key1
    linekey.1.line = 0
    linekey.1.value =
    linekey.1.pickup_value =
    linekey.1.type = 15
    linekey.1.label =

#Configure Line Key2
    linekey.2.line = 0
    linekey.2.value =
    linekey.2.pickup_value =
    linekey.2.type = 15
    linekey.2.label =

#Configure Line Key3
    linekey.3.line = 0
    linekey.3.value =
    linekey.3.pickup_value =
    linekey.3.type = 15
    linekey.3.label =
    {ENDIF}

5. cfive

cfive Member

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks so much! This kickstart is exactly what I need.

Go Raptors :D

6. cfive

cfive Member

Oh, I missed this on the first read:

"I can customize the template for you so that on the T23 key 2 and Key 3 read BLF 1 and BLF 2 From 3CX Provisioning if you like."

This would be ideal! Can you show me how?

Thanks again!

7. cfive

cfive Member

A big thank-you to lifeline, who demonstrated the use of yealink settings and 3CX variables to change the default line assignments so that the "line" buttons can be provisioned for other uses.

Now that I know what I'm looking for, the 3CX templates for Yealink can show how to do this for T23 sets, as this is actually the case for sets with more "buttons" than T23. If one looks at the provisioning for these sets, one can see the settings that can be applied to the T23 section to change the assignments.

This is probably a trivial bit of knowledge for many, but as this is my first deployment with Yealink it was a great help-up for me.

Thanks, lifeline - awesome community spirit!.

8. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Happy to help. I'm a huge fan of Yealink phones with 3CX. They are a great matched set.

9. lj

lj

Hi All

Hope this helps
    What i did is go to the Yealink Handset and assign different buttons for different uses. Then went to Configuration backup which exported only the config for buttons i had changed which allowed me to see how i could then assign them within a template as follows

Assign a Key as Blank

linekey.1.line = 0

linekey.1.value = %NULL%

linekey.1.label = %NULL%

linekey.1.extension = %NULL%

linekey.1.xml_phonebook = %NULL%

linekey.1.pickup_value = %NULL%As Line Key

Assign a Key as BLF extn 201

linekey.2.type = 16

linekey.2.line = 1

linekey.2.value = 201

linekey.2.label = Extn 201