• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Yealink T23G provisioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunkiddance

Reaction score
Having upgraded my V14 to V15, I noticed a problem after the phones were finally recognised and once more on the system

The daylight saving parameter was not carried through to the phone so it was telling me the wrong time - I had to manually go into the phone config and set the offset to +1

It worked in V14.

Thanks

Yealink phones are supposed to detect the DST settings automatically based on the country you select.

What country did you set it to?

I set it to UK (as far as I remember)

Where can I look at it (and change it if necessary) - I have been through just about every option under settings and can not find anything related to date/time/time zone?

Thanks
Terence

Hi Terence,

The value of selected time zone you can see in the Settings->Parameters page. Navigate to that page and in the Search field type yealink. In the column called Value you will see the Yealink Time Zone value.

I'm suggesting you to re-install the PBX with the correct Time Zone. In this case you will have proper time on your Yealink phones.

If by any reason you can't do it follow the following steps:
1. Go to "C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Templates\phones" folder and edit appropriate template with the text editor (Notepad++);
2. Find the proper "displaytext" value for your location and copy it. For example for the London the value is - 0 United Kingdom(London) ;
3. Settings->Parameters page and edit the Time Zone value to the copied one.
4. Restart all services and re-provision your phones.

Please note: All modifications that you are doing need to be done very carefully. You will do the in your our risk. I'm suggesting you to re-install the PBX with the correct Time Zone.

Hi Aram,

Thank you for your reply.

I have changed the setting for the yealink under parameters.

Do I understand from your reply, that the only way to change the timezone setting within 3CX is to re-install the PBX software - that seems a bit drastic - why isn't there a parameter that you can change?

Thanks
Terence

Hi Terence,

Because the global Time Zone is not a think which need to be edited every time.
You are choosing it once during the installation wizard and that's all - chosen global Time Zone will be used for all phones.

If you want to "play" with Time Zones, or test the functionality you can change the Time Zone of one particular extension and test it.
To do it you need to do the following:
1. Edit the extension and go to Phone Provisioning tab;
2. Find "Timezone" drop-down list and choose the needed Time Zone parameter from there.
3. Save the Extension Settings and Re-Provision the phone.

Like this you can test Time Zone functionality and have different Time Zones on different extensions.

OK - I have just re-installed the software (as I now have a purchased copy) and remembered that there appears to be a problem setting the TIMEZONE information on setup - although I can choose the country it doesn't register - see the screenshots I took of both sections where I am supposed to choose the country/timezone from a drop-down list.

Thanks

Attachments

• 3cxtz1.JPG
    3cxtz1.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 256
  • 3cxtz2.JPG
    3cxtz2.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 257
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.