Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Yealink T26 Parked Call Pickup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by running, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. running

With latest firmware for Yealink T26 phones it appears to be impossible to pickup a parked call if the phone is off-hook, we have to have the phone on hook in order to pickup the call. Our Grandstream and Cisco phones do not functional like this at all, we are able to pickup calls regardless of whether we are on or off hook. Wondering if anyone else has a workaround to enable this or can comment at all, thanks.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

This seems to be the way with all Yealink. You might notice same with MSG button...

I asked about the message button and yealink said that it was programmed that way.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gschwab

gschwab New Member

Yep same thing with our T20P Yealinks, has to be on hook to pick up a parked call however MSG button does work on or off hook on my T20P and T38G phones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. craigreilly

Interesting... what FW can push MSG light button while off hook?

I tell my users if you are off hook (have tone), just hit 'cancel' then the button. Easier than hanging up - hitting the button - then picking up the handset.

5. gschwab

gschwab New Member

T20P FW = 9.61.0.85

T38G FW = 31.0.0.115

6. craigreilly

I was on 38.0.23.16 from the UK when we first started on 3cx. But since have moved on to 38.0.146.3, which was a special build which adds Multicast Paging, Remote Phone Book lookup for outgoing calls (sRemoteName), XML Browser function and fixes an issue where Yealink could try to put 2 calls in the same Shared Park at the same time, losing the second call. This is built on 38.0.0.115.

So, I wonder if there is some setting in your config file which may be different than mine causing your MSG light to allow calls when off-hook.

7. running

Hitting the cancel button does work but there has to be a way to fix the firmware to make this better. Do we know of any way to have the phone not automatically pickup a Line when the handset is lifted?

8. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

On a T22 with the 7.61.23.11 UK firmware, I have running with V11 official release -

I have the phone set with 2 different accounts at the moment. The second account is the one of interest (my account at the business). I placed a call to the system and let the IVR forward to my account whereupon I answered. I left the phone off-hook and dialed again using a cell and let the IVR forward to the extension. The rule is set to - if busy go to voice mail, which it did and I left a short test message which lit the message waiting indicator the second I hung up my cell (the second call). While still on the first call, I then placed it into park/orbit 1 and hung up the receiver. The MOH played while being in park. I then "lifted" the reciever and dialed the unpark code while "off-hook" and immediately was reconnected with my first call.

At least in my case, it seems that the functionality you seek is there and works fine. I have the line 1 key (account 1) set to one of my clients, the line 2 key to my extension at work, and the line 3 key set to monitor a 3rd, different client. I do not have a t26 at the moment, but I do have a t28 that I can pull out.

I also tested using the T22 with a VP2009. The Vp2009 performed as the T22 did above. I called in from the T22 using one of the clients accounts, and then left off hook, Called from cell and left VM, and got indicator on both as soon as cell hung up. Then placed t22 in Park from VP, hung up waited a little bit and then took VP receiver off hook and retrieved T22 with no effort. Only had to be certain that I was in the account of interest at the VP2009 has 3 other accounts besides the one at my business registered.

Am I testing the scenario correctly?

9. craigreilly

My issue is with Shared Parks (SP). The voicemail is just another button I have found that can not be used when I have dialtone.

if I hear a page over the intercom that I have a call on Park 1 and pick up my handset and try to hit half assigned to SP1 nothing happens. I must first hit cancel to release the dialtone then hit SP1 to pickup the call.

10. lneblett

OK, broke out my trusty T28. Provisioned it to be ext 200 with some of the DSS keys as BLF and one as "SP0". I reset the phone to factory default (hold down "OK" key for a while) and then assigned to the extension using uPnP. Upon assignment, the phone picked up the aforementioned DSS key programming which was done using the stock 3CX provisioning screen. Phone firmware is latest US version 2.61.0.80.

Upon registration, pressed the message waiting key, although I had no messages in queue, and accessed voice mail box regardless if receiver on-hook or off-hook (dialtone present). This seems to be consistent with my other phones mentioned in earlier posts.

Wil take a look at SP in a little bit. Have a call coming in and do not want to lose post, not sure if "save draft" works.

11. lneblett

Craig -

My results using the t-22 and the t28 align with what Running is indicating; yet the cancel button option you mentioned seems to work as well, but only in the event that you have just one active account. When there is more than one active account, the softkeys change their structure and the cancel key is no longer available.

I don't view this as a big obstacle, but it would be nice to be able to do an off-hook retrieval.

The real issue I see is when you have a site that is using different models of phones. It does not appear that there is a dial code that can be employed to retrieve shared park. If you do not have enough keys, or the keys are not programmable to support shared park (as I found out on my VP2009; hence why the t22 and t28 for the test), you are seemingly out of luck.

I am still looking at itm but it seems that simply "parking a call" eliminates the issues. More buttons to push, but at least I can get to the call.

12. running

If Cisco and Grandstream can do this one would think Yealink could put off hook pickup in there firmware! Please Yealink we like your phones but this feature is a need!

13. craigreilly

My users haven't complained. We just trained them the way that works... I have 2 t22s but no vm on those but I should test the vm button on those. It seems many features/fixes needed on the 38 are already implemented on the 2x series. (Multicast page, XML browser)

14. rbc94

We are using the T28 phones and have a similar problem. the voicemail button works whether you are on hook or off hook but we must press the shared park button BEFORE picking up the phone and that seems to work fine. it's just a matter of getting people used to it. now that everyone knows to press the park button first we no longer have an issue. i don't really see why it would be a big deal to push it first instead of after it's still 1 button push.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.