Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Yealink T26P firmware

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pscs, Mar 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pscs

I've just upgraded v14 to v15 (after a router failure and v14 behaving very oddly after the router was replaced).

Now, it is sort-of working, but it's not right.

The first problem is that my Yealink phone has firmware 6.73.0.50 (the latest from Yealink's site), but apparently there's a 6.73.0.60 available for 3CX users which should be available within 3CX (http://forum.yealink.com/forum/archive/index.php?thread-20381.html)

The problem is that if I select my phone in the 3CX phones list, and press '+ Firmware', it says it's updated the firmware and the phone reboots, but it's still 6.73.0.50

If I go to Updates on the top bar, it says "Your system is up to date".

I can't find a list of firmwares available anywhere in this version of 3CX, so I don't know if it's even got the latest firmware available.

What's going on?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @pscs

The latest update for SP5 changed the way the updates are shown. The PBX will display only updates for the devices you have configured on the system. New firmwares are stored in directory C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\xxxxxxxxxxx\firmware_new (for windows). Navigate to that directory and check if the PBX has downloaded your firmware. Also try accessing the management console from an incognito tab to eliminate the browser cache issues.

Is your phone local or remote? also is provisioned with the default template? What is the model of your Yealink ?
    You can see the supported firmware for your phone by navigating here and selecting the phone you are using.

3. pscs

Sorry, it's a T26P.

There isn't a ....\firmware_new folder. The ....\firmware folder (and others around there) just have the older firmware from ages ago - 6.61.0.83, so I guess it hasn't downloaded the latest firmware - but how do I make it download it, because it says it's all up to date...

Am I looking in totally the wrong place in 3CX or something? I'm going to Dashboard, then the right-hand big blue button called 'Updates'. That just says "Your system is up to date. Last checked: Today, 16:05 (now)".

The phone is local (3CX is 192.168.70.20, the phone is 192.168.70.151). It's provisioned with the default template. I had to manually provision it because 3CX couldn't see the phone for some reason (I did factory reset the phone and then restart it).

It is now listed in the 'Phones' list, but in red - I guess because the firmware version is not supported.

The 'supported firmware' for the phone is 6.73.0.60. However, Yealink's website only goes up to 6.73.0.50. The link I had in my original message was from Yealink's forums explaining that 6.73.0.60 was made specifically for 3CX and can only be obtained via 3CX v15... So, I know I'm using unsupported firmware, but can't get the supported firmware because I have to get it from the 3CX installation, which doesn't have it.

(I hope it doesn't only get firmware updates for phones which already have supported firmware, otherwise I'm in a bit of a catch-22 situation).

4. pscs

FWIW, here's a screenshot of the Phones page 2017-03-21_16-11-43.png

Ignore the Aastra phones. Those are from when Aastra phones were supported by 3CX. They're working fine, but I know they're my responsibility to look after and make work. It's the two T26Ps that are the "problem" here, because their firmware won't update via 3CX. I manually updated the ext-804 phone to 6.73.0.50 to see if that'd make the rest of it work. The other one is still on the older firmware (and can't be updated by 3CX either).

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The management console will check for updates for all phone models installed on the system. Can you reach downloads.3cx.com ? Try an nslookup to that address. Do you get a reply? Also try it in a browser, you should get a blank screen and on the tab it should say "I am here"
    Did you see any updates since the day you upgraded to V15 SP5?

6. pscs

On the 3CX computer (which is where I'm also using the console), nslookup for downloads.3cx.com gives me an IP address of 151.80.125.73. Going to that page in a browser does what you say it should.

I upgraded from v14 to v15 (didn't know which SP it was, just downloaded v15 from your site yesterday). I had 5 updates showing on the Updates page after download. They're not visible now because I downloaded them and they then disappeared (which makes things hard to manage, BTW) - if I remember correctly, there was one for something for the Mac, two for SIP trunk providers, one for an IOS push thingy (certificate or something) and another I can't remember. I don't remember anything about phone firmware.

FWIW - I'd much rather it showed me the versions of everything it has downloaded like previous versions of 3CX did, even if I have to do an extra click to get the info. This way is too hidden for an administrator to know what's going on - it's better to give too much information rather than too little. At the moment I have no way of knowing (without looking on the disk) to know whether the '+Firmware' button on the Phones page will do anything useful at all, because there's no way to tell whether 3CX knows about any later firmware than is already on the phone.

Is there any log anywhere to see what it's trying to get updates for or why it's failing?

(BTW, there's still no 'firmware_new' folder - I checked again in case it was just taking a while).

7. pscs

For what it's worth, with a bit of help from Yiannis @ 3CX I found the problem.

Our DHCP server was giving out a 'boot file' option (option 66) of the old provisioning URL of http://<server>:5000/provisioning/, but the new version of 3CX needs http://<server>:5000/provisioning/firmware/. The phone was using the (correct) manual provisioning URL when the 'Autoprovision now' button is pressed in the phone's GUI, but on a reboot it was using the DHCP provisioning URL which wasn't working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.