Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

YeaLink T28 Phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jazzar, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazzar

Hi all
    I'm needing some help using this phone with 3CX. The phone is recommended by 3CX and works well, however when I set-up more than 1 account on it it rings once and goes straight to my voice mail.
    Let me explain a bit more. We have Linksys SPa942 at the moment with 4 lines active all set with different sip ports i.e. ext 1 5060, extn 2 5061 so on. I can't for the life of me get the T28 to work in the same way, 1 account and the phone works great, set-up the second and when anyone tries to call it gives one ring and goes straight to voice mail.

It's a shame as these phones are very good and have BFL programmable buttons and don't need much setting up to work. Also have a source on ebay for these very cheap...

Any Input would be appreciated.
    Jim

2. Jazzar

Sorry should add that I'm setting all the account to the same extention number.

3. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

When configuring the T28 to have 2 Accounts with the same Extension, making a call to it is impossible, you get a busy tone out of it.
    But instead of getting a Busy tone you are getting Forwarded to your Voice Mail... Which leads to...

You probably have a Forwarding Rule on your Extension that : When Busy > Forward to Voice Mail.

I dont understand why you would want to have 2 Accounts with the exact same credentials on the same phone?
    You can have 2 Phones with the Same Extension Number. But not 1 Phone with 2 of the Same Extensions it kinda makes no sense.

Please Explain what you are trying to do? Or any other details.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Jazzar

Hi
    That's the way or SPA942 is setup....put one button on hols and take another one ..
    howver please see comment from Yealink support below

I know your request, Yealink now is develop a new function that can use line 2\line3\line4\line5\line6 as the channel of account 1, it means you only registered one account. But this function has not finished, if we test it works fine, I will send you .

5. STCJeff

It sounds like you are trying to emulate a key system (shared line appearance)? If so, 3cx does not currently support that unless you have a phone that has that feature internally (or a creative way to emulate it like you were doing with the Linksys).

6. Jazzar

Hi All
    I'm testing the Yealink T28 phone with my 3CX system ,and wonder if someone can help me this problem.
    These phone have 10 configurable buttons which can be set as BLF function which seem to work ok for a while then it stops showing the correct status. A quick reboot and all work again.
    Does anyone have any experience of these phones and through any light on the problem

PS These phones are recommended by 3CX

7. ice

ice New Member

I also use T28, this problem did not appear.
    Try to change firmware.
    here the last that I have (30 Mar)
    http://icepartners.ru/file/firmware/t28/2.2.0.16.rom

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Jazzar

Hi have tried your link but it won't download, can you check it please as I have version 2.2015 of the firm ware.

Thanks
    Jim

9. ice

ice New Member

http://icepartners.ru/file/firmware/t28/2.2.0.16.rar
    try this

10. KrisHansen

Use that 2.2.0.16 firmware but note that you cant enter anything in the call pickup field (In previous firmwares you could program Yealink T-28 BLF to be call pickup buttons if they were flashing).

11. Jazzar

Hi Kris
    have installed the new firmware and you're right,no pickup feature. Do you think this is an oversight and will be rectified or have we lost this feature, any ideas?

Jim

12. ice

ice New Member

http://icepartners.ru/file/firmware/t28/2.2.14.6.rar
    try this firmware

13. Jazzar

Hi Ice
    Thanks that's sorted out the pickup problem. However I'm having another issue , and wonder if anyone can help. I i take a call on the T28 and either put it on hold or transfer if, i then try to get the call back it seem to be there but I cant hear the caller although they can here me.
    any thoughts
    Thanks

14. smb1

smb1 New Member

Apologise for the noobie question here. I've just used the abovementioned firmware to upgrade a Yealink T28. Now the display has a "Skypemate" logo on it. Is there a way to customise the logo displayed, say with a client's logo or at least get rid of SKYPEMATE and put Yealink back?

15. ice

ice New Member

To change logo use this utility.
    http://icepartners.ru/file/firmware/t28/YealinkT28LogoChange.zip

16. smb1

smb1 New Member

Thanks for that! Works a treat!

David Benet
    Melbourne, Australia

17. ciscotech2007

Its a cross between a cisco 79XX and polycom IP phone.... odd

18. Yealink

Hello all,

Yealink has released a new firmware for SIP-T28P, version is 2.3.0.30
    To get this firmware or any technical questions, please email to support@yealink.com

Leo Huang
    Yealink Network
    http://www.yealink.com

19. Yealink

We now have a beta version firmware with this function, if you are interesting to test it, please send email to support@yealink.com.

YEALINK NETWORK

20. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I'll be trying the Yealink Firmware Updates First thing tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.