Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Yealink T28 provisioning wrong BLF value

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by imabev, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imabev

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2012
    Messages:
    56
    Likes Received:
    0
    This has been an ongoing problem ever since I u/g to the most recent firmware for our t28's (2.70.0.103). In the BLF field on the phone the (Phone > DSS Keys) the 'value' is saved as the extension and the 'extension' is saved as '*20*extension#'. When someone hits the BLF key it dials for example *20*22162216.

    I manually went in and removed the extra values from the 'extension' filed so it only read '*20*' and the 'value' files is the number of the extension. How do I set the provisioning up so that it correctly adds the values for the blf (value and extension) fields?
     
  2. craigreilly

    craigreilly Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2012
    Messages:
    3,575
    Likes Received:
    305
    On the Yealink T38 - value is just the extension xxxx, and under extension is *20*xxxx.
    And it works this way. It sounds like maybe a firmware error that it is dialing the value and extension both...

    When Ihit the BLF key, it just dials the extension xxxx. If the line is flashing (ringing) and I hit it it dials *20*xxxx. I have just confirmed this. So the values that 3cx is passing seem correct. It just seems the Yealink is doing something strange with it.

    However, I am on a slightly older firmware still - and not on the t28. Hopefully someone else can test this for you.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. imabev

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2012
    Messages:
    56
    Likes Received:
    0
    The only way I got this to work (on 100+phones) was to log in to each and every phone via the ip address of the phone, upgrade the firmware of the phone, then Factory reset the phone. TBH I can't remember if the order was factory reset, then upgrade firmware or the other way around.

    I was looking at each of the provisioning templates for the phones and they actually had the wrong values in the BLF fields. What I did was go in to every phone extension in the 3cx Management console, went to the provisioning tab, and just clicked 'apply' (I didnt have to make any changes). I had the provisioning folder open in a separate window so I knew the template for each phone was being re-written. (when I clicked apply, I could see the template saved). I am referring to the specific template of the phone that has the MAC addy as the filename.

    I am not sure if all of these steps were necessary. I choose to do all of the steps because I knew they would work and I wouldnt have to go through 100+ phones again. You may find that only one of these steps are necessary.
     
  4. craigreilly

    craigreilly Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2012
    Messages:
    3,575
    Likes Received:
    305
    The factory reset wasa good idea when applying a new firmware in my opinion. The regeneration of templates is a pain in the backside for sure. Hopefully it will get better in v12.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.