Yealink T32/38 -- cannot log into web interface

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cpontus, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cpontus

Hi,

I upgraded from 3CX 11 SP4 to 3CX 12 SP2. Now I cannot log into the web interface on my Yealink phones. The default password is not accepted and I have never set it to anything else. Anyone have any ideas? I am on firmware 70.0.105 which I cannot update either because I cannot log into the phone and updating from 3CX does not work either.

Chris

2. cpontus

Nevermind, I found the new 'Phone Web Page Password' field which is not mentioned in the v12 changelog nor the V12 manual.

3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I believe this is in the manual. And we mentioned this under some security blog post - everybody was leaving phone passwords default and complaining to us because they get hacked and their phones start to magically dial numbers. We had to take immediate action.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. cpontus

Thanks for the reply. I understand how that could happen. However, all of my phones are behind my firewall so there is no way to access them. I only forward ports to the PBX itself. I will just find a way to disable the passwords in the template.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.