• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

YeaLink T38 and the 3cx Provisioning options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mullenlaw

Reaction score
Reading the T32/38G template, BLP fields 11 to 16 represent the 6 line keys.

The problem is there is a limited number of options on the 3cx Phone Provisioning screen.
Defining lines is not one of them.
Is there a way to add options?

Does the provisioning screen just "update" entries in the MACID.CFG file? or will all entries be re-written if we change one of the other BLF keys?

Is there a planned improvement to the provisioning options?

The MACID.CFG file gets completely regenerated when you make changes to provisioning. You can make some changes to the template to do your own customizations. I used a setting in BLF 50 (Which was not present on any of my phones.) to trigger an IF statement in the template to make line six into a record button. (Crude but effective...)

This is a sample of the code that triggers the record function. (memory15 is the normal code for the 5th line button for reference. My modifications are at memory16. (Line 6))

memory15.Line = 1
memory15.type =
memory15.Value =
memory15.DKtype = 15
memory15.PickupValue =

# BLF 50 is special placeholder for a Record button on Line 6 button
{IF blf50}
memory16.Line =
memory16.type =
memory16.Value =
memory16.Label = Record
memory16.DKtype = 25
memory16.PickupValue =
{ELSE}
memory16.Line = 1
memory16.type =
memory16.Value =
memory16.Label =
memory16.DKtype = 15
memory16.PickupValue =
{ENDIF}

Thanks for the example Paul. Being new to this is there a reference of what can be coded in the template/ CFG file?
Didn't know you could do conditional stuff....

The other issue we have been having is that the Y...038.cfg keeps getting overwritten. Is that being done by the template too?

Thanks again.

I don't know of a reference for it but if you look at templates for various phones you can learn more about it.

The Y...038.cfg file does get recreated every time you create a new MAC.cfg for one of the T38 phones. You could edit the T38 template to have it generate the desired settings in the Y...38.cfg file. You could also change the filename of that file in the template so that your custom Y...38.cfg file does not get overwritten.

This section of the template is where that common file is handled.

<data>
<device>
<type>phone</type>
<!-- Friendly Name -->
<field name="Name">Yealink T3X</field>
<deviceconfig filename="y000000000038.cfg">
<filename>
<model name="Yealink SS T32" filename="y000000000032.cfg" />
<model name="Yealink SS T38" filename="y000000000038.cfg" />
</filename><![CDATA[

#Common configuration settings can be added here.

[

]]></deviceconfig>
</device>
</data>

Thank you ! :D

I don't have the link handy but Yealink has a .pdf guide to all the variables available. Try yealink.co.uk I am sure it is listed there.

Thanks,
Nate

There are several good documents for the Yealinks here: http://www.yealink.co.uk/technical-instructions/

Nate - Do you know of any reference for the 3CX provisioning syntax? I have gleaned some good information by looking at examples in the provided templates but a reference document on the syntax would be great.

Thanks.
Paul

I, too, would be intested in any detailed documentation on the syntax that 3CX uses for the xml files, that used to set up 3CX to generate the .cfg files for the Yealink phones. I would rather not have to manually edit .cfg files.

John Rayfield, Jr. CETma

I've got the impression the BLFs in T38 are handled the same way as in T28 (which is supported). There should not be any significant differences between the two models, beside the display, which is not important in the case.

Probably copying and renaming the template of T28 will do the job.

Regards

Although the T28 and T38 have basically the same functions available the provisioning language is completely different. If you compare the standard T28 template with the one I created in this link: http://www.3cx.com/forums/yealink-t38g-20507.html#p103602 you will see the syntax has changed completely.

These Yealink phones have not yet met the standards required for 3CX Interoperability.

If you want 3CX to quickly and officially support these phones, please send all your complaints and requests to Yealink Support.

They know what they need to do. One of the features that is stopping 3CX from supporting T3X phones is Plug and Play. This is still not available.

nicky,

So is this a chicken-egg thing? 3cx won't expand their provisioning capability (which I suspect will apply to more phones in the future) until 3cx complies with Plug and Play?

I implemented 70 T38g units last month. Pretty easy to do using DHCP option 66. Phone just pops up on the Phone list and assign or create a new extension.

The problem is the provisioning interface in 3cx. Only BLF options - and limited choices on those.
We've modified the template to do most everything we need but we have to modify the template rather than making choices on the phones provisioning tab.

nicky,

So is this a chicken-egg thing? 3cx won't expand their provisioning capability (which I suspect will apply to more phones in the future) until 3cx complies with Plug and Play?

Yealink must comply with plug and play. If you want to help out, send them a support email.
How can I explain to users that The T2X can do this and the newer T3X cannot?
If you want to buy them - no problem - but take care of configuring them yourself. If you have a problem go to yealink.

I implemented 70 T38g units last month. Pretty easy to do using DHCP option 66. Phone just pops up on the Phone list and assign or create a new extension.

Yes - thats exactly whats NOT Working. The phone pops up and if you right click and assign an extension to it, the phone does not accept the prov file. You deployed them via option 66 NOT via plug and play. Plug and play is impossible.

The problem is the provisioning interface in 3cx. Only BLF options - and limited choices on those.
We've modified the template to do most everything we need but we have to modify the template rather than making choices on the phones provisioning tab.

We have codecs, languages, blf speeddials, parking. Those satisfy 90% of all companies nearly.
We are looking to improve. Tell us what you think is missing and if it is acceptable and highly in demand we can consider it.

Do not personally find the provisioning options "limited". There is room for improvement yes, but Ive seen huge companies deploy 3CX and work with those same options. And then yes - if you want you can simply modify the template. No big deal. Nothing is hardcoded and everything is exposed.

It is impossible that the 3CX template designer makes one template that is suitable for all 3CX Users worldwide. Of course some defaults have to take place. Those defaults happen to satisfy the majority I must say.

Hi,

Yealink have officially released a firmware version (Version number x.0.0.115) that supports plug and play provisioning. http://www.yealink.com/index.php/Support/
3CX has released provisioning templates for the T32 and T38 yealink IP Color Phones that can be downloaded from 3CX Online Updates. In order to do this, please open Management Console, go to 3CX Phone System Updates, open Phone Provisioning Updates and you should see a new Yealink T3X update available for Yealink Phone Models T32, 38 Color Display Phones. Select it and download it to your PBX. Once you do this you can fully enjoy all the functionalities of Yealink T32, T38 Phones.

You might also be interested in how to trigger calls using HTTP to these models of phones and how to autoprovision and manually configure these phones. You will find all the information you need on the following links:
http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/call-setup-snom/
http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.