• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Yealink T38 not obeying screen settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpontus

Reaction score
Frist, the relevant versions:

Yealink T38 (38.0.0.130) with EXP38 sidecar
3CX (11.0.27011.711) on Win2k8 R2/IIS fully patched

I cannot get the display to turn off after 1 minute no matter I do. The 3CX configs, phone configs and even phone LCD itself all show the proper setting but it’s not working. I have attached 3 screenshots to show this. I have done a factory reset and re-provisioned the phone with no success. I also manually set and then unset the setting in the phone’s HTTP interface with no success. I have restarted 3CX/server. I have a few other T38s and one with the attached sidecar as well that do not have this problem. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 3cx_provisioning_config.png
    3cx_provisioning_config.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 943
  • t38_http_config.png
    t38_http_config.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 943
  • t38_lcd_config.png
    t38_lcd_config.png
    269.2 KB · Views: 943
Hi,

1. I think you need to upgrade your 3CX Phone System and Yealink phone. Version11 SP2 for 3CX Phone System is already published, in the same time you can find new SW for Yealink T38 phone (38.70.0.80) on the Yealink WEB site.
2. If you do not want to upgrade your PBX and phone try to enable "Inactive BackLight Level" feature on your phone (screenshot #2) and change "PhoneSetting.UnusedBackLight = 1" in your template (screenshot #3).

In any cases, I'm suggesting to you to use last SW of Yealink with last SW of 3CX Phone System.

Regards,
Aram.

Except 3cx still says to use 3x.0.0.130 why would we upgrade yet since they have not approved it for compatibility.

If it is just 1 phone - maybe it is defective.

My backlight is set to Active 6, Inactive 1, Backlight Time 30 min.
Is inactive level of 0 - change it to 1 and see if any difference.

Hi craigreilly,

"Except 3cx still says to use 3x.0.0.130 why would we upgrade yet since they have not approved it for compatibility."

Please check "Provisioning a Yealink T20, T22, T26, T28, T32, T38 for 3CX Phone System" guide ( http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/Yealink-IP-phone.html ) and you will see that now mentioned guide has been tested for "Yealink T32(G) and T38(G) with firmware version 3X.70.0.80". But do not forget that you need to upgrade your 3CX Phone System too (to Version11 SP2).

"If it is just 1 phone - maybe it is defective."

Yes, you right it can be defective, but I think cpontus can try all possible ways to solve this issue (even the SW upgrade), before throw it away ;) .

"My backlight is set to Active 6, Inactive 1, Backlight Time 30 min.
Is inactive level of 0 - change it to 1 and see if any difference."

I 100% agree with you and I already suggested to cpontus change this parameter (enable "Inactive BackLight Level" feature on your phone and change "PhoneSetting.UnusedBackLight = 1").

Aram said:
Hi craigreilly,
Please check "Provisioning a Yealink T20, T22, T26, T28, T32, T38 for 3CX Phone System" guide ( http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/Yealink-IP-phone.html ) and you will see that now mentioned guide has been tested for "Yealink T32(G) and T38(G) with firmware version 3X.70.0.80". But do not forget that you need to upgrade your 3CX Phone System too (to Version11 SP2).

I was looking in v11 SP2 and the Phone Provisioning Template file is "Up To Date" on 3x.0.0.130. Thus the reason for my response. I tend to keep an eye on the Management Console for updates and not the blogs or setup pages on the website.

This is good information. Except they still do not have MultiCast paging which I understand will be 1st Q, 2013.

Hey guys,

I had the phone replaced and all is well.

FYI, at the time of posting I was using the latest version of 3CX and the latest firmware for my phone which I listed. I also already tried changing the setting one way and then back as specified in my original post. I did upgrade to 3CX 11 SP2 with no change. In between then and now it looks like Yealink put out some new firmware. The update console in 3CX still says FW 3.0.0.130 for the Yealink T3X series as craigreilly pointed out.

Anyways, time to test the new firmware out. Have the templates been tested against the new firmware? Yealink documentation says changes were made and some settings might not work anymore. The template for T32/38 is still showing up-to-date for older versions of the firmware.

The new firmware comes with a converter to update the configuration to the new format. Very different to the current format.
Try it out on an old machine or vm before you commit.

I will probably just wait until 3CX pushes official templates before upgrading. After doing some digging I don't really want to mess with it since Yealink's docs say there is no ability to downgrade firmware once you go to v70. I also had to email Yealink to get them to post the converter and docs for the process so now I have even more reading to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.