Yealink T38G 38.70.1.33 Audio Problem After Update

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Vanlon, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vanlon

I have an unusual issue with my Yealink T38G's after the 38.70.1.33 update. They work fine, call internally and externally direct are good. The problem is if a call comes in off of a Queue there is no audio in or out. You can transfer from a non-upgraded phone from the Queue to an upgraded phone and it works, just direct off the Queue nothing. Not sure where to start. Ended up having to downgrade the phones.

2. netswork

netswork Active Member

Following this. I would open a ticket with 3cx/yealink. Please update us when you find out something.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I had a similar issue with the T-28on a V12 sp6 system.

Updated the T-28 with the firmware version that the 3CX system provided. After having done so, the extensions in the queue would no longer ring (ring all strategy), but would if dialed directly. The folks started to monitor the BLF light to see when ringing from the queue so they could answer. Like you, I ended up having to revert the firmware. The version that was offered was 2.73.0.40. The latest on the Yealink site is 2.73.0.50 and the one that I reverted to is 2.71.1.1.

What is really frustrating is the Yealink has a bug that apparently limits the PC port to 10Mbs despite it being set to 100Mbs in the T2X series. It drove a client in Pennsylvania bonkers as to why their 30Mbs connection never seemed to get over 10Mbs. The release notes indicate that this is fixed when moving to 2.72.0.1, which was released in Dec.2013. The Yealink site still shows the 2.71.1.1 as the approved 3CX version.

Will submit a ticket as well.

4. Vanlon

So the solution to this if it helps anyone is that update 38.70.1.33 is not supported by 3CX. Use the phone management console to upgrade your phones and it will give you the latest actual 3CX version of firmware for the phone which at current is 38.70.0.221, which is also available from the Yealink site if you so choose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.