Yealink T38G provisioning/reboot

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by FVermeer, Jun 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FVermeer

I installed version 15.5 today and to be honest, I'm very dissapointed. I experience a lot of bugs and a less user friendly interface. I'll share some of the problems I ran into:

Yealink SIP-T38G provisioning/reboot issues:
    In V14, provisioning T38G phones was not an issue. First of all it's totally impossible to upgrade firmware to 38.70.0.228 and had to do this manual. After that, in V15 it's totally impossible to control a T38G with 3CX. The phone will provision just once after entering the URL in the phone, after that, it won't provision anymore. Not via 3CX interface, nor via the phone itself. I searched the internet and found some people with similar issues and some solutions (like disable the need of a certificate, defining timezone, etc) but the phone isn't controlable anymore which means we have to setup all phone by hand which is not an option in anyway. We also have T48G phones and installed them the exact same way, fortunately, those phones work flawless with reprovisioning and rebooting. We use an SBC and tried everything: SBC on raspberry, SBC on windows machine, with no firewall, secure, unsecure, nothing we can do to get the T38G to work well. Am I missing something?

2. Andy Johnson

Did you find a resolution to this? I'm looking at upgrading our 3CX but we have over 20 T38G phones. Don't want to replace them they have been working fine. I did see a firmware from Yealink that's 38.70.1.33 which is newer than the one you have listed.

3. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello,

I have tested a Yealink SIP-T38G with the supported firmware(38.70.0.228), PBX is up to date and the phone is working still after several minutes, making and receiving calls.

@FVermeer, it is highly possible that the problem occurs somewhere else, a capture and support information will help us to locate it. Do you have the ability to open a ticket in our ticketing support system?

@Andy Johnson, you can find the supported firmwares here.

Thank you

4. Andy Johnson

@loannisM_3cx thank you for the link to the firmware. I didn't see it on Yealinks site. I did see a newer firmware from them. Have you or anyone tried the newer one? I plan to use what 3CX recommends but curious.

5. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Andy Johnson,

Glad i could help. I would advise you to always use the supported firmwares in order not to occur any problems. The specific firmwares are supported as they were tested by 3CX. Please do also have in mind, that we cannot support you if you are not making use of the supported firmwares.

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.