• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Yealink T38G Template BETA - FEEDBACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbailey

Reaction score
Hello,

We have a working T38G template for 3CX Phone System V10 SP 1.1. This Template is a BETA for a future release but we are looking for users to test this and post feedback. Please keep replies on topic to the T38G only.

Known issues
PnP Provisioning does not yet work with the current Firmware, Manual Provisioning has to be done.

I look forward to your feedback.

Regards,
Nate

Attachments

• yealinkT38.ph.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 146
The template works great. Rolled out to our 65 T38G's we just got with our new system. Everything is great, and this template (and the paul1 before) saved our skin. I made just a couple of changes for our environment:

account.Label = %%extension_number%%
(make the line show the extension number instead of the user's full name)

PhoneSetting.ScreensaverTime = 300
(force screensaver on after 5 minutes)

Phone-DND.DND_On_Code = *31
Phone-DND.DND_Off_Code = *30
(makes the DND softkey toggle the 3CX available/away status)

The only issue, which may be a phone issue - paging. We have a ring group for paging, but with 65 phones, it takes 20-30 seconds to set up for the page. I don't know if multicast paging works with these phones - and if so, are there settings in this template to make it work?

Love our new system - just went live yesterday, and everyone is thrilled with the functionality, clarity, and ease-of-use that the 3CX system and Yealink T38G phones bring. Thank you!!

Nate - The beta template works well. It appears to be a copy of mine with the account.label and some comments changed. I like the idea of the account name being displayed on the lower center of the screen but I could not find a way to keep the account number on the line keys. It looks like it would take a firmware change to make that work.

I guess one of us should finish the buttons for the expansion module before the final release...

Hi guys,

Thanks for the comments, in creating the template I used the Yealink PDF with descriptions of all the fields. If anyone wants the document it is available on Yealinks web site. I couldn't figure out how to change the line keys to the extension numbers without changing the display either, I don't have an expansion model in house to test so if someone does that would be great, this is why I didn't add it to the template. @smiller I like what you did with the DND keys. I am still working on some other features with this phone but overall I think the template works well. Thanks both of you for the feedback!

Regards,
Nate

Another tweak for the template:

Add:

account.SubscribeMWItoVM = 1

(keeps the MWI synced up with Voicemail)

Had a problem where VM would get handled but the MWI would stay lit up. This solves it.

Cool I will have a look, I haven't seen that issue although in a testing environment it probably wouldn't happen right away as I usually delete the VM rather quickly anyways. But thanks for the info.

I have SubscribeMWItoVM enabled but user has VM sent to Email and delete from 3cx.
However, MWI light (MESSAGE button) still gets illuminated...
Do I need to manually handle each phone for this situation?

which firmware are you using for testing?

seems random.
if I restart the 3cx service it works again for a while.

still having this issue. happened again to someone yesterday.

I am having tons of problems with our Yealink t28 and t38's. Yealink support provided me a firmware to resolve a issue with my BLF's not staying in sync on the phones. We are also having problems with the EHS adapaters on some t38's and there is not a newer firmware yet from yealink.

We have decided to not offer yealinks going forward. I hope you get your issue resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.