Yealink T38G

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sunstate, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunstate

sunstate Member

Got my hands on one, and am looking at deploying about 50 of them pretty quick here. There doesn't seem to be any info on them yet. No template and no guide for manual or auto provisioning. Any idea if it will take a T28 config? I've got it up and running on the system and everything works great, but it's going to suck if I have to manually provision 50 of these things.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. willow

willow Member

you could always download the template for the 28 and compare with the 38. I would make a new template and just use that. The yealinks are pretty easy to config so it really should not take that long to config 50. I always run a few tweaks on all phones so that the interface is a little better any ways.

I also come from a voice background so admining 50 phones is reasonable to me :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. paul1

I also have some T38Gs. Even though they are "based on the T28 Feature set" they do not provision the same way.

Pedro from Yealink FAE team expected to have an Auto-Provision Manual available by mid May. I have not seen any updates yet. I have found a few issues with the LDAP directory functions and VLAN operation. In spite of a few rough edges it looks like a great phone.

4. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Manually setting them all up might be the easiest way to go.

The second option and the more challenging one is to get a sample provisioning template of these new phones and use Beyondcompare to try and understand where the new values need to be placed.

5. paul1

Here is a working draft of my T38G Provisioning Template. I started with the Template for the T28P and worked from there. If you are using any of the EXP3x sidecars you will need to do some more editing in that section. I only created the first few memory buttons.

This template is functional for the features I have tested. Let me know if you find it useful.

Paul

Attached Files:

6. paul1

It looks like this has made it to beta. Nice work!

7. nbailey

nbailey Member

not sure what the differences are between ours Paul1, if you get time or if you want to as I know you already made your own I am looking at feedback before we add the template. It is a good phone, I like it and I think a lot of folks out there will as well.

Thanks,
    Nate

8. paul1

Thanks Nate. I will check it out and give you some feedback. The T38G should be very popular.

9. makios

PAUL1, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but the T28 went fine. We also have a T38G here, and so i updated the XML to "C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Templates\phones" and it sees it in the Phone Provisioning tab under phones, but it is not taking, no matter what i do. Now granted I am new to this, any help would be appreciated, we're planning a rollout of these units very soon.

10. mirjam.nz

Hi Nils

Can you use the BLF keys on the T38G to do a Blind transfer ?

Cheers
    Mirjam

11. paul1

I think the T38G still has trouble getting the provisioning address from DHCP etc. If you login to the phone's web interface and go to Phone -> Auto Provision and update the Server URL. It should look something like: http://192.168.xxx.xxx:5000/provisioning/

You may also want to click the Check New Config option to "On".

Once this is done it should be able to read it's configuration file on bootup.

12. paul1

I have noticed that my template forces the phone to ignore the user's ring tone settings.

Here are some changes I would make to the template. (Nate - I think you have the same settings.)

This line is just under the Account section and should be changed as follows:
    RingTone.RingType = ring1.wav ----< Change to:>---- RingTone.RingType = common

This line is in the PhoneSetting section:
    PhoneSetting.Ringtype = Ring1.wav ----< Change to:>---- #PhoneSetting.Ringtype = Ring1.wav

After these changes ring tones should work as expected.

13. nbailey

nbailey Member

One thing you need to consider is that we don't generally get every model of phone for testing that manufacturers produce.
    with this in mind we do what we can when we have the information at hand and the device in our testing lab. Just because a supported manufacturer creates a new model phone doesn't always mean we will support it right away. In fact the T38 is not fully supported yet. There is more behind the scene work that needs to be done in cases like this and when we are confident the phone works as intended with 3CX we release a template and support the phone fully. Until then it is as it is and you will have to manually provision it.

Thanks,

Nate

14. sunstate

sunstate Member

How come we still don't have a template for the T38G/T32G? I already did one deployment of 75 T38's and am looking at a deployment of 75 T32's right now. It would be nice if I could provision these properly via 3CX.

15. mahe23

I have just installed the provisioning file.

But still my central phonebook is not visible in the T38G.

Any comments?

Matthias

16. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

These Yealink phones have not yet met the standards required for 3CX Interoperability.

If you want 3CX to quickly and officially support these phones, please send all your complaints and requests to Yealink Support.

They know what they need to do. One of the features that is stopping 3CX from supporting T3X phones is Plug and Play. This is still not available.

17. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,

Yealink have officially released a firmware version (Version number x.0.0.115) that supports plug and play provisioning. http://www.yealink.com/index.php/Support/
    3CX has released provisioning templates for the T32 and T38 yealink IP Color Phones that can be downloaded from 3CX Online Updates. In order to do this, please open Management Console, go to 3CX Phone System Updates, open Phone Provisioning Updates and you should see a new Yealink T3X update available for Yealink Phone Models T32, 38 Color Display Phones. Select it and download it to your PBX. Once you do this you can fully enjoy all the functionalities of Yealink T32, T38 Phones.

You might also be interested in how to trigger calls using HTTP to these models of phones and how to autoprovision and manually configure these phones. You will find all the information you need on the following links:
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/call-setup-snom/
    http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

18. Ian Joyce

19. paul1

Dan - It looks like the adjustments I made to my template did not get applied to the official version. Without these changes users will not be able to customize their ring tones.

20. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi @paul1,

Can you send us your template, please? We did tests with the latest firmware of the phone and it didn't work. From our tests, the ringer always played the same ringer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.