Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Yealink T41P Provisioning

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by optixuk, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. optixuk

We've just provisioned a brand new phone having installed 3CX 12.5 Beta earlier today. All seemed fine until the provisioning worked and loaded the new profile and then the phone LCD screen started to go blank, just showing "YEALINK" for around 3 seconds and kept doing this every 8 seconds.

We updated the firmware to 36.72.0.55 but that made no difference. Reset to factory defaults and again, all fine until it was provisioned. However if we reset to defaults and then manually configure the phone with the SIP connection settings then everything seems just fine and the screen is rock solid.

Any suggestions?

2. jasit

jasit New Member

check one of your phones's config files in the provisioning directory and make sure the firmware listed is the one you are hoping to use. It be rolling the phone back to a different firmware.

3. optixuk

Hi, thanks

Tried that and also tried removing the URL from the provisioning settings so the phone isn't looking to 3CX for a config at all. Once it has been provisioned from 3CX the only way I can stop this is a factory reset and the configure by hand. The phone doesn't reset/reboot at all, the screen simply goes blank every 7/8 seconds with YEALINK across the centre of the screen and nothing else. It carries on responding to a ping for the whole time.

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Many of the phones have various screen saver, backlit times and background options. You did not indicate if the phone only did the screen activity and ceased doing all the other functions that a phone would normally do.

In any event, you may want to go into the phone interface via its internal web browser and look for the settings that I have mentioned above. You can see how they are set and then experiment with them (preferably not attached to the 3CX system at first) until you have the phone working the way you want. You can then either a) manually provision the phone and turn off the auto provision or, b) you can find the applicable 3CX phone template and modify to be the same as that which you manually set and then leave provisioning on the phone turned on.

Look at the Yealink website as they also will have instructions on how you can modify the logo such that it can be anything you want if not happy with the Yealink or 3CX logo.

5. optixuk

Thanks for the suggestion but it's none of these issues. Setting to verbose logging and provisioning the phone shows this in the T41P logs

Oct 22 13:30:10 Log [347]: UIMG<6+info >CMainWnd: Begin Draw!
    Oct 22 13:30:10 Log [347]: UIMG<6+info >CMainWnd: After Draw!
    Oct 22 13:30:17 LLDP[363]: LLDP<6+info > unable to guess frame type
    Oct 22 13:30:23 Log [347]: UIMG<6+info >CMainWnd: Begin Draw!
    Oct 22 13:30:23 Log [347]: UIMG<6+info >CMainWnd: After Draw!
    Oct 22 13:30:32 LLDP[363]: LLDP<6+info > unable to guess frame type
    Oct 22 13:30:36 Log [347]: UIMG<6+info >CMainWnd: Begin Draw!
    Oct 22 13:30:36 Log [347]: UIMG<6+info >CMainWnd: After Draw!
    Oct 22 13:30:46 LLDP[363]: LLDP<6+info > unable to guess frame type
    Oct 22 13:30:49 Log [347]: UIMG<6+info >CMainWnd: Begin Draw!
    Oct 22 13:30:49 Log [347]: UIMG<6+info >CMainWnd: After Draw!

All I need to find out now is why the phone is "unable to guess frame type" when provisioned but fine when set up manually ;)

6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

this is not something I have seen. You may want to go into the 3CX system and go to system updates and insure that you have the latest phone templates. While you are not using the 3CX approved firmware and I have my doubts about it impacting the issue you face, you may want to try and revert to a supported version. I have 42, 46 & 48s, but never used a 41, so am unable to simulate.

7. roland_3CX

roland_3CX Support Team

Hi,

The supported firmware for the T41P is 36.71.0.224. Please upgrade your firmware and the issue should resolved.

8. optixuk

Thanks for your answer. I did try reverting to this firmware and also dropping back to a previous snapshot of the server V12 rather than the Beta of V12.5 - still no joy and exactly the same problem.

I have now returned the phone to the supplier for exchange and will re-post if the problem still exists in the replacement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.