Yealink T42G - 3CX Logo keeps popping up.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Maxime Clermont, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxime Clermont

Hi,

My users are complaining that their screen will display the 3CX logo for two seconds then will go away for 30 sec.

Is there a workaround ? Can I just delete the logo in the provisioning folder ? I don't want the phone to display the logo since they can't see the time and date.

Thanks.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

There are several settings that affect the LCD to include the logo. I suggest you get into a phone web interface and look for the settings and change there initially to see what settings get you what you want. Once you have identified these, then you should modify the template to mimic same.

3. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

If you are using the default T4x template from 3CX, you might try to change the Screensaver Timeout to 6 hours in the Phone Provisioning tab for each extension. I think that will give you the desired result. We also set the Backlight Timeout to 30 minutes.

If that does not do what you want, lneblett's suggestion would be a good next step, but then that means using custom templates.

4. pact

pact New Member

That would be the Yealink "feature" to allow a logo on the small screen phones (T23/T42 etc).

The only way to stop them from flashing the logo is to copy the template and disable the logo feature. Deleting the logo in the 3CX directory will only make the 'Yealink' logo flash up instead.

The line you are interested is

#Configure the logo mode of the LCD screen; 0-Disabled (default), 1-System logo, 2-Custom logo;
    phone_setting.lcd_logo.mode = 2

and changing it to

#Configure the logo mode of the LCD screen; 0-Disabled (default), 1-System logo, 2-Custom logo;
    phone_setting.lcd_logo.mode = 0

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

Thanks for posting the variable to change. That is all correct, and exactly the right option to make the "flashing" go away permanently. We use a lot of T23G units, and had to use custom templates with the lcd.logo.mode setting to "fix" that issue, among others, such as VLAN. Now that 3CX has the Timeout setting we have found that to be an acceptable compromise so that default templates can be used. The flashing stops for 6 hours once the user touches the phone, so they don't have to see it all day. Using the 3CX default template just makes life more predicable when supporting a lot of system and sites. If I only had one system with VPN between sites I'd probably use custom templates to make all the changes we like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.