Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Yealink T42G Firmware Update

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by davidc@allpax.com, Jan 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidc@allpax.com

I am using 3cx Phone System Version 12.0 with SP 6.2. I have Yealink T42G phones that are currently running firmware Version 29.73.0.45. I am trying to upgrade to 29.80.0.70. I can update through the phone interface, but if I manually add the firmware through the 3cx console, then go to update the firmware, the new firmware version does not show up.

2. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi David

As far as I know only supported versions will appear in the 3cx firmware update dialogue. I am not sure if V12 will get an update at all.

You may be able to trick the system by putting a different file with the old name on the system (replacing a file directly in the file system of the server). But I have no idea if this maybe messes some things up.

All the changes regarding voice quality and voice volume in V80 look really nice.

Best regards Frank

3. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

Although Yealink’s are supported phones, in 3CX v12_SP6.2 you cannot upgrade the Yealink to v80 firmware, because the templates are not compatible with the v80 firmware. Only 3CX v14 contain templates who will work with v73/v80 firmware.
    Please upgrade to 3CX v14.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

We run "Unsupported" firmware levels all the time. 3CX is normally behind a version or two on firmware.

If the phone functions fine after manually upgrading the firmware then there probably wont be any harm in upgrading them all.
    If you dont want to upgrade 3CX for whatever reason, the easiest way to do this would be to modify the template file and tell the phones to pull the new firmware file.

If you want to do this PM me and i can give you more steps on how to accomplish it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.