Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Yealink T42S Dsskey autoprovision

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mholman, Sep 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mholman

I am trying to get Line Key 1 and 2 set for Lines 1 and 2 respectively. The following config does the following which is almost there but not quite.

Line 1 shows the phone icon and the line works as expected, but the Label is showing extension# | UserName
    Line 2 does not show the phone icon, the line seems to work as expected, but no label at all.

I can manually configure it via the web interface and it works as expected, but we don't want to have to do that for every phone. What am I missing?

We set Line 2 as line 1 (same as Line key 1) as it did not work when set as 2.

We are running 15.5 latest release and the phone has latest firmware 66.82.0.20

{IF ua=SIP-T41P,SIP-T41S,SIP-T42G,SIP-T42S}
    #Configure Line Key1
    {IF blf1}
    linekey.1.line = %%Line%%
    linekey.1.value = %%type%%
    linekey.1.pickup_value = %%PickupValue%%
    linekey.1.type = 15
    linekey.1.label = Line 1
    linekey.1.extension = %%PickupValue%%
    {ELSE}
    linekey.1.type = 15
    {ENDIF}
    #Configure Line Key2
    {IF blf2}
    linekey.2.line = 1
    linekey.2.value = %%type%%
    linekey.2.pickup_value = %%PickupValue%%
    linekey.2.type = 15
    linekey.2.label = Line 2
    linekey.2.extension = %%PickupValue%%
    {ELSE}
    linekey.2.type = 15
    {ENDIF}

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @mholman

Please note that the latest supported firmware that was tested with SP1 of V15.5 is 66.81.0.110. As you are running an untested firmware please revert back to the supported one and try again. You will need to manually downgrade the firmware as the management console is able to downgrade fimware. Please find the supported frmware in the link below
    https://www.3cx.com/support/phone-firmwares/

3. mholman

I downgraded to 66.81.0.110 and experience the same.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Are you the latest default template? check your updates section and make sure that no templates are pending for download. then use the default template and re-provision your phone.

5. mholman

Yes already using the latest template.

6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I'd like to take a step back here as I think there may be some misunderstanding.

You want to have the first 2 DSS keys correspond to Line 1 and Line 2. I am to assume that you have manually configured a second SIP account under "Accounts" in the Yealink phone, so you want the second DSS key, Line 2, to correspond to the second account you have manually configured?

7. mholman

Well maybe not. I am assigning a 2nd DID in 3cx management to a user/phone and was expecting to have it know which inbound DID was dialed and show that on the DSS keys accordingly. Maybe I misunderstood the linekey option. I do think I had the below linekey wrong, but I changed it and still nothing displays on the 2nd key

line was
    linekey.2.line = 1

changed to:
    linekey.2.line = %%Line%%

8. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

There is no easy way of doing what you want. Option A would be to manually register a second extension on this device against 3CX, then associate a second line key to that extension, the forward the Inbound Rule to the new extension.

Alternatively, you could just take advantage of the fact that the Inbound Rule name you set in the Management Console shows up by default on the phones display on incoming calls, so if you have 2 Inbound Rules for 2 different DIDs with names "Company A" and "Company B". when someone calls DID A on the phone display they should see "Company A" followed by the caller ID and the same for when someone calls DID B. This way no custom templates would be required.

Unless of course these aren't your requirements.

9. mholman

Very good and thanks for the clarification. The Yealinks are new phones for us and we are learning the variations as we go. I think the users can adjust to this easy enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.