Yealink T42S: Multiple extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by oguruma, Nov 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oguruma

I am trying to set up my T42s with a second extension. When I try to provision it via the 3CX UI, I get the message "...belongs to MAC XXX choose another phone/MAC.

Phone and 3CX server are both on LAN.

I am assuming I need to enable the other "accounts" via the Yealink UI, but when I populate the fields in the Yealink UI with what makes the most sense to me (Port 5062/The register name of the phone, and the username and password for the extenion) I get "register failed" on the Yealink UI.

I successfully provisioned Line1 with a different extension and Port (5060).

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

I'm afraid you can do this only manually or seriously modify the template. Depends how many phones you want to provision.
    Long time ago I managed to provision both ports of Cisco SPA2102, which is theoretically the same task.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

4. oguruma

It's only two phones that I want to set up. When you say "you can do this only manually" are you meaning I can only do it through the Yealink UI... or???

When I register one line (account) in the Yealink UI, the first one is successful. Every other one "register fails".

5. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

yes, exactly -- configure second account manually through UI of the phone

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. oguruma

Interesting. That seems to be what I am having trouble doing... The first line (account) registers successfully, but I get "register failed" for the rest of the lines...

7. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

I don't have an Yealink phone at my disposal right now to make screenshots, but there is really nothing special about registering a second account -- you enable the account in the user interface of the phone, enter user ID, authentication ID (could be different from the user ID in 3CX v15.5), password and SIP server -- the local address of the PBX. The rest settings remain default.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.