Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Yealink T42S newer firmware version

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kugla007, Mar 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kugla007

Hi,

Yealink T42S has a new version out which includes Slovenian language for LCD Display. I have manually upgraded the phone to the newer version but I can't choose Slovenian language from 3CX Admin Console. I tried with a custom template but that doesn't work either.

Any ideas on how to provision phones with a different language that is not directly supported by 3CX (because 3CX only supports older Yealink FW versions)?

You can choose the language in the Phone settings, but I don't to go around and change the settings manually on all of our phones. The good news is that when you reprovision the phone, the language setting doesn't revert back to English.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I managed to get this working using a custom template. The next issuie is upgrading the phones to this newer version. Is there a way to do this through 3CX or will I have to upgrade each phone manually?

#1 kugla007, Mar 31, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Export the settings from the phone after making the change, open the file and you should see what setting / variable has been change which you can add to your template

This is how I have worked things out in the past

3. kugla007

I managed to get this working using a custom template. The next issue is upgrading the phones to this newer (unsupported) version - v66.82.190.1.rom. Is there a way to do this through 3CX or will I have to upgrade each phone manually?

#3 kugla007, Mar 31, 2018
  4. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Try this, in windows save new rom file to (not sure of Linux location)

C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\xxxxxxxx\firmware\yealink
    C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\xxxxxxxx\firmware_new\yealink

Make have to restart the services for the change to be picked up

5. kugla007

I already tried this (restarted services too) but it still only offers the supported version.

EDIT SOLVED
    The trick is in changing the template.

I changed it from original:

{IF network=LOCALLAN}
    firmware.url = %%PROVLINKLOCAL%%/firmware/yealink/%%firmware%%
    {ELSE}
    firmware.url = %%PROVLINK%%/firmware/yealink/%%firmware%%
    {ENDIF}​

To custom:

{IF network=LOCALLAN}
    firmware.url = %%PROVLINKLOCAL%%/firmware/yealink/T4XS-66.82.190.1.rom
    {ELSE}
    firmware.url = %%PROVLINK%%/firmware/yealink/T4XS-66.82.190.1.rom
    {ENDIF}​

The problem is that I won't be able to upgrade to newer version later - but I'll just change the template back to original setting.

#5 kugla007, Mar 31, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.