Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Yealink T46 Expansion Module BLF Issue (FW: 28.81.0.20)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by insane, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. insane

Hi All,

We have just installed 3CX Pro for a customer with Yealink T46 and T48 units with the expansion module.

We upgraded the firmware on the phones PRIOR to physical deployment, so the T46's are running firmware 28.81.0.20 and the T48's are running 35.81.0.20, which are both newer than the firmwares 3CX has listed in their 'updates'.

When we configure the BLF's on the Expansion Module / Side Car, they show in the list but the lights don't show. If we log into the phone's WebUI and go to the DSS page and click Confirm/Save, it fixes it; although the next time the phone restarts or updates it's config, it goes back to previous.

Any suggestions??? I'm wondering if the firmware is not compatible with this version of 3CX.

2. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

I had trouble with v81 firmware on a T46G that was upgraded as a test. Apparently there were changes to how Yealink handles BLF and line keys. You can try using a custom template that conforms to the new firmware, but I would move one back to v80.0.130 and test. My guess is your issues will be resolved and the rest need to be downgraded. That way you are supported by 3CX.

We have several T46G units with up to 3 sidecars each, no issues. However, we did not like how busy the display was with both first and last names, so we manually configured the BLF keys and modified a template and removed all sidecar BLF settings. I suppose we could have modified the template to only insert the first name, but we have the users the web login for the phones to maintain the BLF keys.

3. insane

Yeah I rolled it back to the version that is supported and the sidecar seems to work fine. The only issue we've noticed is if we program "Shared Park"s within the 3CX UI for the BLF's, they don't seem to work properly.

I've gone and copied the T-series template (to a client specific one) and hard coded in SP0->SP3 BLF's for those keys and then the hard coding for the side cars, since we want them all the same.

yeah we ran into the same - removed the surname as it got too busy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.