Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

yealink t46 lcd display - leave on 24/7?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asinshesq, Jul 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asinshesq

I apologize if I am not supposed to be asking phone specific questions in this forum (the posting rules didn't seem to address this). But I am wondering if there's anything wrong with leaving the backlight of a t46g (i.e. the lcd screen) on 24/7 rather than having it time out after ___ seconds as per the default. Is it just a question of a little bit of extra electricity usage, or will leaving it on ruin the display over time? (It seems like a pain to have to pick up the handset or press a button to get the screen to light up so I'm inclined to leave it on always unless there's a reason not to.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have a few Cisco sets, and the brightness of the back light LEDs varies greatly from set to set. As these are used, and not from the same location, I have to assume that the difference stems from some being left on all the time. I would assume that they would have all started out about the same brightness. So...while the quality/make of LEDs will probably make a difference, you may find that continuous use the back light may result in decreased brightness, over time as LEDs do have a lifespan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.