yealink t46 lcd display - leave on 24/7?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asinshesq, Jul 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asinshesq

I apologize if I am not supposed to be asking phone specific questions in this forum (the posting rules didn't seem to address this). But I am wondering if there's anything wrong with leaving the backlight of a t46g (i.e. the lcd screen) on 24/7 rather than having it time out after ___ seconds as per the default. Is it just a question of a little bit of extra electricity usage, or will leaving it on ruin the display over time? (It seems like a pain to have to pick up the handset or press a button to get the screen to light up so I'm inclined to leave it on always unless there's a reason not to.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have a few Cisco sets, and the brightness of the back light LEDs varies greatly from set to set. As these are used, and not from the same location, I have to assume that the difference stems from some being left on all the time. I would assume that they would have all started out about the same brightness. So...while the quality/make of LEDs will probably make a difference, you may find that continuous use the back light may result in decreased brightness, over time as LEDs do have a lifespan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.