Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Yealink T46 power light indicator

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by i3, Jan 9, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i3

i3

Version 15.5 running supported firmware and stock 3cx template. The issue is that the power led blinks regardless of the setting under the phone provisioning tab. I have it set to voicemail only, and confirmed the ext does not have a waiting voicemail. The led indicator acts as expected until the phone goes into power saving mode. i.e. meaning when the display shuts off. Not the screensaver timeout or the backlight timeout, but the power saving settings. Anyone else experience this behavior?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. giwm

giwm New Member

3. i3

i3

Thank you for the reply but it is a bit different than that post. My issue is that the phone is following the power saving settings, however, when it does go to sleep (display off) the power led blinks even though I have it disabled in the 3cx > ext > Phone Provisioning. Just to test it out, I did install the updated firmware you linked in your reply above and it still does not work correctly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. stalley

Yep, my T46s behave exactly the same.. lots of complaints from the peeps 'why is this light flashing, I don't have any messages'?. But only after it goes into power saving mode. Didn't always do it, but a firmware 'update' about 6 months ago started it. Sure wish it would get to the top of someone's fix-it list.

5. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

There are many Yealink users complaining about this on the Yealink forums, unfortunately though this is not something 3CX can relay as, technically speaking, it was a design decision from what I was reading a few months ago, not a bug.

I understand how this can be annoying, but I would suggest voicing your thoughts on the Yealink forum to have this adjusted in the firmware.
    Sure enough, once this is implemented in a FW version, we will test it and if all checks out, we will update our online repositories.

6. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

Please add next two parameters to the provisioning template and try again:

#Configures the period of time (in milliseconds) that the power indicator LED is on when the IP phone enters the power-saving mode.
    #If it is set to 0 and the value of the parameter “features.power_saving.power_led_flash.off_time” is not set to 0, the power indicator LED will be off when the IP phone enters the power-saving mode.
    features.power_saving.power_led_flash.on_time = 0
    features.power_saving.power_led_flash.off_time = 100

http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=41208&pid=61051

#6 complex1, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    i3 and NickD_3CX like this.
  7. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I only did a quick test, but that seemed to do the trick!

Of course I also had to set the following line in the template so that after the timeout, the screen went off:
    phone_setting.inactive_backlight_level = 0

8. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi Nick,

You are talking about the LCD screen, the OP is talking about the Power LED.
    If I understand it well?

9. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

What the OP I believe is saying is that when the screen goes completely off (I think after 6 hours inactivity), the Power LED starts blinking without there being a VMail and/or missed call, something like a "keep alive" indicator.

To replicate this quickly and not have to wait 6 hours, I just adjusted the other parameter to make the screen go off much faster...

10. giwm

giwm New Member

Sorry, I did indeed read that a bit wrong. Yeah, Nick is spot on with the light issue and it being completely a Yealink issue versus a 3CX issue. The Yealink forums aren't incredibly active, but Yealink themselves do respond quite well to posts there. I've seen a number of changes based on people's posts there, so it may be worth throwing your voice at the matter over there.

11. i3

i3

I have tested with firmware 28.82.0.41 and it seems to have worked. I will test with the 3cx supported of 28.82.0.20 and report back.

12. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

It is only applicable to SIP-T54S/T52S/T48G/T48S/T46G/T46S and T29G IP phones who are running on v82 firmware.

13. i3

i3

I confirmed adding the two lines worked on a T46g running both 28.82.0.20 and 28.82.0.41.

I left this line out of the template because I do use the low level back light after 30 seconds to save the lcd. I believe you may have been running into the fact that the features.power_saving.user_input_ext.idle_timeout was defaulting to 10 minutes. So in your testing after you set the features.power_saving.office_hour.idle_timeout to 1 so the phone would go into power saving, you had to wait 10 minutes after pressing a button on the phone. I simply changed all power saving settings to 1 minute for testing and ensured that the fix worked.

Thank you all!

14. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved

15. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Just a small update, we will do some more testing with this and if everything checks out, we will update the default templates with this.

accentlogic likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.