Solved Yealink T46G Firmware File Issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tony Cave, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony Cave

Hi Guys,

T46G won't allow me to downgrade the handset to the 3CX supported file manually or via the 3CX Console>Phones firmware option, any ideas when/if the newer file on my T46G will be supported

Current Firmware Yealink SIP-T48G 35.81.0.90 (Up To Date)
    3cx Available Firmware 35.81.0.61 Yealink T48G FW: 3CX 15.5 Compatible Firmware - Supports UA CSTA

Many Thanks

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Tony Cave

Please note that the 3CX management console will not allow you to downgrade a phones firmware. To do that you will need to do it manually.
    If the phone does not manually downgrade then you will need to contact Yealink regarding this. Not sure when or if the firmware you are on will be supported as Yealink provides us with firmware specifically made for 3CX so i would recommend downgrading the phones to the supported firmware.

Tony Cave likes this.
  3. Tony Cave

Hi, YiannisH_3CX, thanks for the quick reply, that's what I figured, unfortunately, the phone won't downgrade via the web gui, and to manually do it requires bin, rfs & rom files which Yealink are refusing to give out due to 'security' concerns!

4. complex1

complex1 Active Member

@TONY,

As far as I know the requires bin, rfs @ rom files are only necessary if the phone is bricked.
    If your phone is functioning then it is possible to a upgrade to an older firmware version as you are normally do if you upgrade to a newer version.
    To do so, download the desired firmware rom, log in to your phone and use the procedure for upgrade.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Tony Cave likes this.
  5. Tony Cave

Hi Frank, Unfortunately, the normal upgrade procedure isn't allowing me to downgrade the handset to the relevant firmware (or any firmware in fact) Hence the need to carry out the TFTP recovery option using the rfs/bin/rom file which I cannot get my hands on for the T46G anywhere!

The phone whilst essentially working, (with the exception of the reboot when accessing VM and hanging an SC channel) is essentially 'bricked' as I cannot upgrade or downgrade firmware

Tony

6. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Contact the company you purchased the phone from and get them to either give you the necessary files or perform the operation for you. Not sure where you are located but if in Canada the two 3CX/Yealink distributors provide excellent customer service.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Tony Cave likes this.
  7. Tony Cave

Hi Centrex,

Complex1 helped me out to resolve this issue

Thanks for your message though, appreciate it !

Regards

Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.