Yealink T46G Muffled Audio

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jason Keller, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Jason Keller

Hi, I have a customer complaining of poor audio on the Yealink T46G phones, similar to this posting...

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/yealink-t46g-quality-issues.48302/

I saw that there is a firmware to fix that (T46G FW 28.80.0.202), however none of the links work anymore. Does anyone know how to get ahold of this patched firmware to fix voice quality issues? Do I need to submit a ticket for it?

2. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

Hi Jason,

This is the public mirror for firmware however 3CX supported firmware is not often listed so you may need to speak to them directly:
    http://support.yealink.com/documentFront/forwardToDocumentDetailPage?documentId=10

Unfortunately the new T4xS range support the Opus codec for improved voice quality, you could still try changing codecs and this can be done in 3CX under the extension settings themselves.

3. Jason Keller

Thanks @eddv123, unfortunately I've been through all the codecs and none have pleased this customer. No matter what, it's always too quiet and muffled. Currently it's sitting on G.722 so that's about the best I can do without a patched firmware. I guess I'll have to try to reach out to Yealink to try to obtain a firmware that fixes this (no patched firmware appears on their download mirror). I don't know why Yealink still refuses to make these changes in the mainline firmware, as it sounds quiet even to me, with the volume all the way up on the phone (all six are the same).

4. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

Are all these phones local to your 3CX system or are you working to 3CX in the cloud?

As a test try enabling PBX delivers audio on the extension setting under options.

5. Jason Keller

Local 3CX (Linux), currently running as a VM on vSphere. All phones are local and on the same VLAN. This doesn't seem to be so much an issue of VoIP quality distortions so much as between the handset and the ear; even to my ear it's pretty quiet from what I'd expect on max volume.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is the sound issue on internal, external calls , or both?

7. Jason Keller

8. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

I would contact Yealink and make a request for this firmware.

Were these phones bought recently as the model is EOL and you should of been recommended the T46S which as I said does have many enhancements.

9. complex1

complex1 Active Member

The Yealink T4xG series is NOT EOL, this is not true, so you don’t have to buy a T4xS series phone.

Please upgrade the phone with the supported firmware and after that reset the phone to factory default or if the phone is already running the latest firmware than only reset the phone to factory default.
    After that all is done, re-provision the phone and try again.

You can also check if the right codec is used by the phone by using the phone’s Voice Monitoring utility.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...