Yealink T46G Not Auto-Provisioning with Hot Desk

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Michigander, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michigander

I have a Yealink T46G set up as a hotdesk extension, our only one actually. I followed the steps in the "how to" video () just to make sure everything was done properly but the phone does not auto-provision after a log in/out. I can log in with the dial code and I get confirmation that the login was successful, but the phone never reprovisions. If I go in and manually force a reprovision it works. But then when I log out (again, system says successfully) I have the same issue. It is on the same subnet and VLAN as the 3CX server, and if I manually initiate the provisioning it works fine. Any ideas as to what I'm missing?

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

3. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

4. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

I had similar problems. My BLF keys wouldn't propagate and so I got rid of hotdesk on that phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Michigander

As mentioned please make sure that you are running the latest supported firmware for these phones.
    You can find the latest supported firmware here. There is also a written guide you can follow to make sure the phones are correctly set up.

6. Michigander

All of our T46G's are on 28.82.0.20 firmware using the default 3CX templates. System prompts are up to date (ran into that issue initially). I've factory reset the phone three times and re-setup hotdesking three times just to make sure I was following the guide correctly. Everything works except the automatic reprovisioning. If I use the dial code to log someone in and then force a reprovision it updates correctly. If I then log them out and force a reprovision it updates correctly. It just won't do it on its own, even if left overnight.

Edit: We do have the Pro license. Also, the hotdesking tab in the Admin console updates as soon as I do a log in or log out on the phone, but the provisioning just doesn't happen.

7. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Mega dittos. There are problems with this phone and firmware. Not thoroughly tested.

The BLF keys don't provision correctly with hotdesk.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #7 jimbo59, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@Michigander

The phone should not require a restart to apply the provisioning from hotdesking. I have tried replicating the issue with the exact model but i was not able to. the phone applies the settings automatically right after the voicemail pin is provided. In order to further troubleshoot we will need to review your configuration files. Please check your inbox for detailed instruction of the required files.

@jimbo59

As mentioned above i have tried the specific phone and provisioning with blf buttons works as intended. Perhaps Michigander can tell us if blf buttons work for him after the forced provisioning at least so we can see if this is a general issue or specific to your installation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.