• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Yealink T46G with CTI mode 3cx windows phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjtrevor

Reaction score
Have set up a Yealink T46G to test under 3cx v12 RC2, and using Windows 3cx phone in CTI mode.

With my Yealink T38G this allowed me to make a call using direct phone dialling.

With the T46G this seems to operate in "make call" mode, so the phone plays "on hold" music until the call is connected, rather than the ringing tone.

I have sent a new "Welcome email" to the extension to configure 3cx phone but this does not make a difference.

Anyone know how to change this? Is there a setting in the provisioning file which would alter the behavior?

Hi cjtrevor

This sound like a case of using an "old" firmware.Please make sure that you have updated the firmware of your t46G from the 3CX Management Console. Log in to the Management Console>> Phones >> select your phone and click on upgrade firmware. Upgrade to the latest firmware and then try and use it in CTI mode as well. if your issue is not solved please let us know.

Best Regards

Hi, we have the firmware 28.71.0.155 which was installed via 3cx management console.

I've just reset&re provision and reboot again just to check, and still the windows 3cx phone makes calls via makecall and music on hold, rather than direct phone dialing and hearing ring tone.

Do you have any other ideas we could try? We had it successfully working on the T38G.

AndreasP_3CX said:
Hi cjtrevor

This sound like a case of using an "old" firmware.Please make sure that you have updated the firmware of your t46G from the 3CX Management Console. Log in to the Management Console>> Phones >> select your phone and click on upgrade firmware. Upgrade to the latest firmware and then try and use it in CTI mode as well. if your issue is not solved please let us know.

Best Regards

I have the same problem here with the newer firmware installed through 3cx v12. Makecall for all calls via 3cxphone to my T46G.

Hi CJTrevor and Lifeline,

You are both correct for now the T46 will only work with MakeCall in CTI mode but worry not in the next update you will get CTI functionality as well. Please have a bit of patience Rome was not built in a day!:) If you have any further questions or inquiries please let me know.

Best Regards

AndreasP_3CX said:
Hi CJTrevor and Lifeline,

You are both correct for now the T46 will only work with MakeCall in CTI mode but worry not in the next update you will get CTI functionality as well. Please have a bit of patience Rome was not built in a day!:) If you have any further questions or inquiries please let me know.

Best Regards

Thanks for the heads up. The template for the T46G in the 12 release is already an improvement and can only get better. I like the 3cx background image as well as the directory button that loads the 3cx directory directly instead of asking which directory to load (extra step).

Thanks for the update - happy to wait - just needed to know that the issue wasn't due to me having a setting wrong!

Thank you both for your kind words, and if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to let us know.

Best Regards

Now working in SP1, thank you.

cjtrevor said:
Now working in SP1, thank you.

Confirmed for me as well.

You are both welcome thank you for being patient, if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to contact us, hope you enjoy your SP1 experience!

Best Regards

Hi, for me the problem is still there?

28.73.0.50 Yealink T46G
3CX Windows8 Phone ver. 12.5.41543.0 (installed on Win 2008 R2 Terminal Server connect via 3cx stun in test environment)
3CX Phone is in Mode CTI, not in office
3CX PhoneSystem installed in local lan
ps if the phone is installed on ts this phone is not listet in phone node in 3cx management?

I don't know if this is possible via other lans, if I use the 3cxphone installed on a local pc with cti mode and in in office mode the direct dial is working?

Some advice?

Greetings

Silentsea

I don't think cti works across different subnets.

Hello,

The CTI mode it is working (and supported) if the 3CX Phone and the IP Phone are both local. Even if 3CX Phone and IP Phone belong to two different subnets, CTI will work if the two subnets can communicate (example L2 bridge mode) and nothing is blocked/dropped due to security policies. CTI wont work over STUN and remote extensions.

Thanks!
Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.