Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Yealink T46S phones connected via STUN: multicast paging via template

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by us1, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. us1

us1

I have a customer that uses paging frequently on their Yealink T46S. Right now I have a unicast paging group setup but it is very slow to connect to 16 extensions for a page.

I was able to successfully setup multicast paging on factory reset phones using the GUIs of the phones. I exported the configuration for those and then tried to import those into a test template. Alas, when using this template, the paging button does not show up as an option.

I've read threads where you have to configure *.cfg files for the phones. I only have a single *.cfg files with all zeros in the file name and it only has a couple of lines of configuration.

What am I missing? How do I assign the multicast paging functionality in the 3cx template in the same fashion as done via web GUI?

Here is the code from the phones that work off a factory reset:
    Code:
    linekey.1.extension = 0
    linekey.1.label = Paging
    linekey.1.line = 0
    linekey.1.type = 24
    linekey.1.value = 224.0.0.224:60000
    multicast.listen_address.1.ip_address = 224.0.0.224:60000
    multicast.listen_address.1.label = Page In Progress
    multicast.receive_priority.priority = 10

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @us1

So you are not actually creating a multicast paging group in the PBX but you are paging directly from the phones. As this has never been tested by us we cannot provide any real assistance. But check this link regarding creating custom templates specially the part about Yealink specific template changes.

3. us1

us1

Thank you, Yiannis. I understand the inability to directly support custom templates due to the nightmare that would present. I was hoping to get some feedback from someone who may have done this themselves.

I appreciate the link as that gave me some additional insight I did not have previously.
    Thanks.

YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  4. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

This works great. You don't have to make CFG files. Just put the items you have identified above in the appropriate section of your 3cx custom template and re-provision the phone and away you go.

There is already a multicast paging section on the 3cx template, update the values there and put the line keys in the appropriate section for the T46 BLFs. If you want me to make you a template based on the current 3CX with your values above inserted in it let me know (send me a PM).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. us1

us1

Thanks for the input. After reading the link Yiannis provided, I realized I had not updated the template names in the <data> section of the template. I'm working on recreating my test template using this new information. I believe that will resolve our problem.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.