Yealink T48G & voicemail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tsukraw, Feb 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

That is a awesome idea!
    I know right off the bat no that is not possible.
    but im curious if a xml/php interface could be wrote to allow this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

The voicemail files are in a file tree.
    Code:
    C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Ivr\Voicemail\Extensions\
    I do not think they or a reference to them are stored in the database in any way.

So you would need a webserver that could examine the file structure of the extension you need and send a format to the phone that it could understand (XML). Then you would have to stream the audio to the phone somehow when PLAY was selected... but if the phone doesn't have a capable "browser" I am not sure this could be done. Then you would have to be able to send instructions from the phone to the server to delete the file (or do something else).
    While all of this is feasible, it may not be possible due to phone limitations. As far as the 3cx side of things, I think it is all very doable.
    Each VM has an XML file that tells who it is from, when it came in, when the notification was send and when it was listened to.
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <VOICEMSG>
      <FILE DURATION="1600" CALLER="##########" CALLER_NAME="CIDNAME">vmail_##########_1221_20131030140544.wav</FILE>
      <FLAGS>3</FLAGS>
      <CREATED>20131030140544.04</CREATED>
      <HEARD>20131117172641.57</HEARD>
      <NOTIFIED>20131030140544.06</NOTIFIED>
    </VOICEMSG>

Instructions needed would be 1) The T48 XML guide and 2) PHP or ASP or ASP.NET to examine the file structure and files of the voicemail folder and present them in a suitable format for the phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I have a 3275 and beta tested it and do not recall that functionality. It will be different for every PBX depending on how they store the files and the folder structure.

4. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

looking at the admin templates for version 73 there is now templates for PHP listed in there.
    Does the firmware v73 add support for PHP?
    If so i would think that would offer extended functionality outside of what xml offers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.