Yealink T48S - Failed to Register

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ABerndt, Feb 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ABerndt

I set up a new extension on a new Yealink T48S phone on the same subnet as the phone system. xxx.xxx.1.xxx. I unplugged the phone and it sat in a box for about a week until I was able to take it to it's new location in our other building with another subnet xxx.xxx.4.xxx. I went to plug it in this afternoon and it shows 'No Service', when I check the status on the phone it says 'Registration Failed'. The 2 buildings are connected via vpn and all other Yealink phones work fine. I have tried logging into the phone using the default admin usernames and passwords, but I keep getting the message that I am not authorized to access the phone. I've now been locked out of the phone for the next 24 minutes. If someone could provide assistance with this issue, I would appreciate it.

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

What is the build of your 3CX system ? Are you using custom templates ?
    Some of my customers are experiencing same problems with latest SP3 (15.5.8801.3).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

For the password, if it is provisioned like you said, then clearly the password was changed as per the web page password on the extension tab. It's not clear from your post but I'm guessing you are trying to say you have other Yealink phones in that same remote office that are working? If this is your first remote phone then the fact that you have a VPN between the office doesn't mean anything. Once you confirm you can ping across the VPN to the PBX, that you are are using RFC 1918 subnets at both locations and there are no firewalls or ACLS between the subnets then we can start digging further.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  4. us1

us1

You’re now outside of the LAN as far as 3CX is concerned. You’ll need to uncheck the option for disallowing access outside the LAN.

5. ABerndt

Thank you all for your responses. We are currently on build 15.5.1694 and use custom templates.

I can ping the phone on the .4 subnet from here (main location where the pbx is located, .1 subnet).

The phones that are working at the other location all have the box for disallowing access outside of the LAN checked. This is the only phone that will not register.

6. ABerndt

I am able to login to the phone this morning but I am still getting a message that 'Register Failed'.

7. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I would recommend factory resetting the phone and re-provisioning it now that is located to the other building. From the time you provisioned the phone until now something could have changed and the phone might need to reprovision to get the new settings.

8. ABerndt

Can I do that through the web interface?

9. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes of course. Factory reset the phone. Once it comes back up login with the default username and password. Copy the provisioning link from the management console extension settings / Phone provisioning.
    In the phones web interface navigate to Settings / Auto provisioning and paste the provisioning link into the server url field. Confirm the changes in the bottom of the page and click on Auto provision now.
    The phone should restart and get the provisioning file

10. ABerndt

I have reset the phone and done the re-provisioning. The registration still failed.

11. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

So if registration failed then check the logs on the server to see why.

12. ABerndt

I am fairly new to this phone system. Where would I find those?

13. us1

us1

I don't think you understood my post. Let me be more verbose:

1) You have a bunch of phones on your x.x.1.x subnet
    2) The PBX sits in the x.x.1.x subnet as well
    3) All of the phones listed above work fine
    4) In this case, these phones are in the same LAN as the PBX so the checkbox for disallowing use outside of the LAN has no effect because it is, indeed, on the same LAN as the PBX
    5) You setup another phone just the same as you did above
    6) For this new phone, you moved to another network that is x.x.4.x
    7) This new phone in x.x.4.x does not work
    8) This new phone in the x.x.4.x network still has the check box for disallow use outside the LAN
    9) Because the phone is NOT in x.x.1.x, it is outside the LAN of the PBX (regardless of VPN, etc...its a different network) thus the PBX will not allow it to register because it is outside the LAN of the PBX
    10) Uncheck the box for disallowing use outside the LAN for this problematic phone and reprovision it after a factory reset

14. ABerndt

The registration still fails after unchecking that box. The other phones located in x.x.4.x location are all working and all have that box checked.

15. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Your next move would be running a capture from the phones web interface to see if the phone is trying to register, where it is trying to register and if there is an error in the process.
    You should also run a capture on the PBX side at the same time and compare the packets. Perhaps something is not reaching the PBX or the reply from the PBX is not reaching the phone.

16. ABerndt

How would I do that? Please let me know.

17. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Please login to the web interface of the phone and navigate to Settings / Configuration. You start a capture by clicking Start next to Pcap Feature.

On the management console navigate to Dashboard / Activity log and click on Capture (if you are on a windows server you might need to install wireshark first) .

Let both captures run a few minutes. You can then stop both captures and save them. You should be able to see register messages from the phone to the PBX and replies from the PBX.

18. ABerndt

Please forgive my lack of knowledge here but I don't have an option to 'Capture' on the Activity Log, does this mean I need to install Wireshark? Do I install this on the server running the phone system or the PC I am using to access the Management Console?

19. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

You can capture. Click on Activity Log.
    You can download wireshark to analyze the capture.

20. ABerndt

I apologize, I have the files but what am I looking for?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.