• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Yealink T48S not Ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave9090

Free User
Reaction score
Hi

I have a Yealink T48S that is configured to my extension as is the 3CX App.

The 3CX app rings but the Yealink doesn't yet appears connected. I can make calls and the phone shows as connected fine but when you call the extension just the 3CX App rings and the phone just sits there and does nothing.

Any ideas ?

OK Adding info I missed:

• 3CX Version, Standard Annual 16.0.8.9
  • Server OS, Windows Server
  • Is the 3CX Server Hosted and where? Hosted on own server in the cloud
  • IP Phone Make/Model/Firmware Yealink / T48S / 66.86.0.5
  • Provisioning Method: STUN
  • Trunk Provider or Gateway Make/Model: T4COM
  • Has the Firewall Checker passed: YES
  • Are custom Phone Templates being used: NO

Since the phone is configured as STUN, there are additional requirements to get it working properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
All other phones work fine on the same network.

It is just the Yealink T48S that doesn't The 3CX App is also on the same network when I am in the office and that rings. Also if I loginto my laptop which has the 3CX Phone App on it that also rings. It is just the Yealink T48S that doesn't but sometimes does.

All other Yealink and Snom phones work fine.

The other phones are unrelated to this device, and since it is in STUN, the requirements I mentioned must be met.

This type of issue you are facing is exactly what those requirements are designed to help against.

The thing with STUN is that it may appear to work fine for a while and then misbehave, unless all those points have been addressed.

Since you have more than one phone there however, I would highly recommend that you consider a 3CX SBC. It removes all those requirements and makes life much easier for remote phones (no ports to mess with, no static IPs needed, more secure, easier to provision straight from your management console)

Hi,

We have tried this at a customer's site with 3 telephones (Yealink T42S) at a separate location.
Initially the STUN worked, but after a short time - as JohnS rightly pointed out - the installation seemed to be haunted.
After using a simple Unifi cloudkey - reconfigured as 3CX SBC - all problems disappeared....

Sincerely

Michel

Reactions: JohnS_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.