Yealink T49G Bridged Video

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by shanus6, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shanus6

Hi Guys,

We have two 3CX Phone Systems.

Main Office 3CX Pro
    Branch Office 3CX Standard

The branch office is about 2,000 miles away so I'd like to get this correct before sending one of the T49s out.

The two systems are linked together via a bridge and calling between the offices works fine but we have now purchased a few Yealink T49Gs (Which are simply amazing by the way, the build quality is excellent)

I've set up two of them here in the Main office and the video calls works seamlessly but im wondering how i go about this with making a video call to the branch office or visa versa? Am i correct in assuming the 3CX bridge doesn't support video?

Whats the best way to achieve video calling between the two locations with these units?

Cheers

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello Shanus6,

Before anything else please note that T49's are not officially supported so their behavior is not known.

With that being said video should work between bridges given that you enable the Supports re-invites, support 'Replaces' options in the advanced settings on both sides of the bridge.

Note that the video codecs used by your video phones should be the same as the PBX will not transcode codecs.

Good luck with your endeavors

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.