• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Yealink time setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwilliams

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
So I an running version 15.5, i want my yealink t48s phones to use DHCP for time instead of pool.ntp.org

No experience of that make/model phone but assuming you've got DHCP option set for NTP server and the phone supports getting time server from DHCP then it could be being overridden by the provisioning file the phone receives. I don't think my ancient Cisco phones support time server from DHCP but I've created a custom provisioning template that has my internal NTP server IP address (they also don't support server FQDN only IP). You could experiment with a custom provisioning template trying first of all to leave that section empty if the phone does indeed support getting time server from DHCP, or your own NTP server's IP address if not.

@bwilliams

Where is the phone getting pool.ntp.org from?

so the default setting is the pool.ntp.org, you change it here
Management Console >> Settings >> Parameters >> ans search for TIME_NTP_SERVER . On the value you will see the FQDN pool.ntp.org.

You can change it to the PDC address

Reactions: Pyrognome
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.