Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Yealink time setting

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bwilliams, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwilliams

So I an running version 15.5, i want my yealink t48s phones to use DHCP for time instead of pool.ntp.org

2. sector-9

No experience of that make/model phone but assuming you've got DHCP option set for NTP server and the phone supports getting time server from DHCP then it could be being overridden by the provisioning file the phone receives. I don't think my ancient Cisco phones support time server from DHCP but I've created a custom provisioning template that has my internal NTP server IP address (they also don't support server FQDN only IP). You could experiment with a custom provisioning template trying first of all to leave that section empty if the phone does indeed support getting time server from DHCP, or your own NTP server's IP address if not.

3. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

@bwilliams

Where is the phone getting pool.ntp.org from?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jefferson

so the default setting is the pool.ntp.org, you change it here
    Management Console >> Settings >> Parameters >> ans search for TIME_NTP_SERVER . On the value you will see the FQDN pool.ntp.org.

You can change it to the PDC address

Pyrognome likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.