Yealink VPN gets disabled on reprovision

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by jbryant84, Oct 27, 2017.

Yealink VPN gets disabled on reprovision 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

1. jbryant84

jbryant84 New Member

We've used some Yealink T2x and T4x series phones at remote locations because pfSense is able to easily export an openVPN config file. Once the phone is connected to the VPN it will provision, but the VPN gets disabled when the 3cx config is initally loaded, and again if the phone is ever reprovisioned in the future. This sometimes requires the client to log into the password protected advanced section of the phone physical/web UI to reenable. I would like to see a checkbox on the new section of the phone provisioning tab that sets VPN enabled in the phone config so a reprovision doesn't kill the phones.

2. Silly English Kniggit

If you're using custom template to deploy VPN, then just set this option in the template. If you're not using custom template - you might want to.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jbryant84

jbryant84 New Member

I've been opting to use auto provision to get the phone registered and working, the delete the mac address on the extension and make any further changes in the webui on the phone itself. I don't like the idea of a template update being pushed with VPN disabled.

4. Silly English Kniggit

If you use a custom template with VPN enabled, then it won't get updated - even if 3CX change the default template for that phone. We provision the VPN config and turn on VPN via the template. RPS becomes an option too if you use the STUN option and reconfigure the template to set phone up for VPN. That means you don't lose ability to configure BLF etc on phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...