Yealink VPN to Cloud PBX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rmayer, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmayer

I've been tinkering with using Yealinks built in VPN to connect to a cloud PBX since this seems to be how some of the big cloud PBX companies solve most of their RTP/SIP issues, and I would like a solution that doesn't require the SBC .. was wondering if anyone has done this? I was able to create another a parallel instance in my Google Cloud that is only running a VPN and got the Yealink phone to connect to it, and I can even register to the local(LAN) IP of the pbx through the VPN, but I can't seem to get audio working. If I connect to the WAN IP of the pbx using the VPN, then almost everything works, but for some reason BLF function doesn't work. Any thoughts on this?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @rmayer

Please note that the VPN should be site to site and not on the phones. That means that the connection should be established on the routers or firewall of the 2 sites depending on what you are using. VPN directly from the phone is not a supported configuration and if you face any issues down the line we will not be able to assist you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.