Solved Yealink W52P - can't move to FXS/DECT

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Karol Proschinger, Feb 1, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karol Proschinger

Since the installation of SP4, all Yealink W52P phones function as gateways - allowing to serve up to 5 handsets. We however had these phones already added and provisioned as normal - bound to extensions.
    Now, after the upgrade, adding the FXS/DECT doesn't work - we get a 'This Phone / MAC belongs to Extension ...'. If you go to the settings/Phone Provisioning of the extension in question, there is no Yealink phone to delete, just an Astra 51i/6751i with no Mac Address.
    And you can't delete it.
    How do I delete the Yealink from my extension to be able to add it as DECT?

2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Dear Karol,

We replicated your issue and this is a normal, the system takes the first available model template which is the Astra 51i/6751i with no Mac Address in the Mac field because there is no phone template for Yealink W52P model in your 3CX template folder. This template moved to fxs folder due to now is an fxs device. When trying to delete it, are you getting an error? is the button grayed out? Please restart your services and try again to delete it and let us know if works for you.

3. Karol Proschinger

The Delete button indeed seems to be working. Once I hit OK to confirm my changes nothing happens though. I have tried to restart all services and attempted to perform this again, now I'm getting an 'Invalid Outside Number' message after hitting OK. The Astra phone still remains there.

4. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Dear Karol,

What version of 3CX Phone system are you using( Windows or Linux)? What browser are you using? Please note, supported browsers to login on your management console are Chrome, EDGE and Firefox.

5. Karol Proschinger

Hi, we are running the Windows version v15. I have tried with Firefox and Chrome, same results in both cases.

6. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Dear Karol,

I have sent you a p.m.

7. Karol Proschinger

When deleting a non-existing DECT phone (As the aforementioned Yealink) from your extension (it always gets populated with the Astra 51i/6751i because there's no template anymore), please make sure your Forwarding Rules don't contain a non-existing external number.
    Mine contained a text string and the system was unable to save this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.