• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Yealink W52P password

Status
Not open for further replies.

asmith3006

Reaction score
Hi All,

When I provision a Yealink W22P it, very helpfully, resets the password to a random string (love this feature).

However, this doesn't happen on the W52P DECT for some reason. Nor is the PIN on the phone updated automatically. Is there a way to implement this?

Thanks

Hi,
Look in Settings / Phone Provisioning / Templates / Yealink W52P and perform a Ctrl+F searching for string : security.user_password

Code:
#Set the password of the user or the administrator, the value format is: user:password or admin:password;
#security.user_password = admin:admin 

security.user_password =

#security.user_password = admin:%%DESKPHONE_PASSWORD%%

base.pin_code =

See the syntax in comment must be user:pass in line value security.user_password =, then put what you want in the other line base.pin_code =
By default these variables are empty, this means template is not forcing them, so they remain at their default stage or the one inputted directly from phone interface.

After, go back on top of template, change line
Code:
<model ua="SIP-W52P">Yealink W52P</model>
to
Code:
<model ua="SIP-W52P">Yealink W52P CUSTOM</model>
Then click save template, add a string in Template name and File Name. Click OK.
Go to your extension properties, then assign it the new template, Apply.
Finally, go in Phones page, select your phone, click Force reprovision & Reset

@pj3cx,

English, please. ;)

Thank you.

Yes sorry my fault, I've edited it

That looks great, I'll give it a go, thanks.

I wonder why this isn't the default in the templates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaayb512
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.