Yealink W52P/W52H Final Firmware Version

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AlexanderHanna, Aug 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexanderHanna

Hi Everyone,

I am about to purchase 100 Yealink DECT W52 cordless phones. However, I noticed on the 3CX supported page that they reference a firmware number as being the "final firmware version". Does this mean that 3CX will soon stop supporting this phone? I don't want to be buying this phone if shortly after there will not be any more development for them.

Lastly, if this DECT model is coming u on end of life, what other DECT cordless options are there?

Thanks,
    Alexander

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

#2 Saqqara, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  3. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

The Yealink W56H/P is the newer product. Base station is the same as the W52P. The main difference is larger screen size and a lithium ion battery on the W56 models. I wouldn't purchase end of life W52 phones unless you get a significant price difference from the W56 model.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi Alexander,

How are you doing?

As far as I know the W52P is NOT End of Life.
    The firmware of the W52P base can be upgraded to 25.80.0.15 which is exactly the same firmware as running in the W56P base. And the firmware is compatible with the firmware of W52H/W56H handsets.
    The Yealink DECT phones are supported by 3CX. https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/
    So I think it is save to purchase the Yealink W52 DECT phones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. AlexanderHanna

Hi Frank, I am doing good. Yes, I see that both phones are supported by 3CX and both are listed as "final firmware version" on 3CX site.

If you look at how 3CX reference lets say the Yealink T21P/E2 it says "min. firmware version".

Thank you CentrexJ. As mention, 3CX mentions both phones in the same way as "final firmware version"

Thank you Saqqara, will also check out the the Sonm.

I am hoping that this is just the incorrect wording that 3CX used.

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.