• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Yealink Wireless Headsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

TecMate

Bronze Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Yealink has great compatibility with 3CX.

Will there be compatibility with 3CX for Windows and the new Yealink DECT Wireless Headsets WH62, WH63, WH66, WH67?
https://www.yealink.com/products_list_44.html#filter2
What about the 3CX web client?

Please note I have already asked Yealink support. No answer yet. I will post back here if I get an answer.

For the record Yealink Support got back to me and they said:
For this issue, we're working on 3CX now, they will provide API for integration soon. We will give feedback to you if we complete the compatibility.

Thanks you again. Also, please feel free to contact us if you have any further question during testing period.

If anyone has more info on 3CX support of these headsets please post it here. Thanks!

Yealink is the one selling them so it would make sense they have the latest information. Also, Yealink has fallen out of favor as of late with 3CX so I'd look to see if something from the traditional manufacturers that are currently supported might work for you.

Yealink is the one selling them so it would make sense they have the latest information. Also, Yealink has fallen out of favor as of late with 3CX so I'd look to see if something from the traditional manufacturers that are currently supported might work for you.
Where does this statement come from ?
If this is the case it would be a big disappointment.
I really hope you pull this out of your hat :p

Just to put in a few words here, we haven't fallen out of favor with anyone. The fact that there might be a slightly better/faster collaboration with some manufacturer does not mean that all others suddenly go in the gutter.

If a phone becomes EOL or if something drastically changes in our support level, we will announce it our website.

Where does this statement come from ?
If this is the case it would be a big disappointment.
I really hope you pull this out of your hat :p
It's called reading between the lines. Yealink used to be a preferred phone. Yealink is no longer a preferred phone. Per the description for each category of phones this implies that Yealink/3CX relationship is not as strong as it used to be. That may change, that may not. But they were preferred for a long time and now they aren't,

Reactions: accentlogic
For the record Yealink Support got back to me and they said:

If anyone has more info on 3CX support of these headsets please post it here. Thanks!
Any word if these are now supported???

Not yet, there *may* be an update though later this year. No promises though at this point.

@NickD_3CX It looks like you can add different 'firmware' profiles to the WH66. If 3CX hopped on board, that would be awesome. A direct Teams competitor. We can come out and sell the WH66 instead of a desk phone + headset.

Hello !
It works for 3CX Windows app but not for the webclient.

The headset doesn't work at all, even in simple audio mode.

Is someone using webclient and this headset ?

Regards.

Certainly looks like a little bit of movement on this one!

Hoping for web client support

We haven't thoroughly tested this, I believe it tries to find the path to the Windows Client from somewhere in the registry.

I'd suggest trying either running the plugin installer as admin, or uninstall the Windows client, re-install it, then try again.

We haven't thoroughly tested this, I believe it tries to find the path to the Windows Client from somewhere in the registry.

I'd suggest trying either running the plugin installer as admin, or uninstall the Windows client, re-install it, then try again.
Ok cool - The Uninstall / Reinstall worked. The plug-in is detected and I can now use the system as a headset. As well as Bluetooth for my phone which is nice.

The last bit I'm wondering about is the PC Softphone option on the screen, I press that, it gives me a dialling tone, but doesn't appear to link back to 3CX on the laptop. Am I asking too much too soon? Should I sit and wait for updates?

Yrs

Alex

Hello everybody,

we have also just ordered lots of new WH66 for our new office. And now I was shocked to find that the 3CX has not yet integrated any direct support for it. That surprised me insofar as the last time we placed a larger phone order, the Yealink was advertised as recommended and compatibility with almost all models was given. That's why I (stupidly) didn't even research this case anymore, but just assumed that it would still be the case.
I hope that there will be a corresponding update here soon, with which the compatibility is established.
At the moment we can work with the Windows softphone. But it would be nice if the web client would work again.

And as the previous speaker Alex Nicol asked - what about the "PC Softphone" button on the WH66 display? Can you somehow connect this to the 3CX Softphone so that dialing is also possible via the display?

In addition to the fact that WH66 display initiated outbound calls do not work, with inbound calls unfortunately the name of the caller is not shown on the display, is this only with me or is it not implemented yet?

I hope for a quick solution, best regards from Tyrol
Andreas S.

ps) can someone tell me how to get rid of the "Free User" Badge next to my Name? As we are using a 3CX Pro License it's not really fitting ... ;-)

Last edited:
Hi Andreas!

we have also just ordered lots of new WH66 for our new office. And now I was shocked to find that the 3CX has not yet integrated any direct support for it.
I'm not sure why you were shocked, we clearly list on our website which headsets we officially support:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/#h.jobo3dougr91
The fact that Yealink has made an integration attempt for the 3CX Windows App, it does not automatically mean that it's officially supported.

the Yealink was advertised as recommended and compatibility with almost all models was given.
That is try, for IP Phones. Again though, don't blindly assume ALL Yealink IP Phones, the list is here:
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

And as the previous speaker Alex Nicol asked - what about the "PC Softphone" button on the WH66 display? Can you somehow connect this to the 3CX Softphone so that dialing is also possible via the display?

Can't guarantee that will ever happen, we are not officially supporting Yealink headsets yet. With 'yet' I mean we *might* have official support for them one day, but also we may not.

ps) can someone tell me how to get rid of the "Free User" Badge next to my Name? As we are using a 3CX Pro License it's not really fitting ... ;-)
The "Free User" tag is there because in the Customer Portal Account you have only has a free key.
If you have a commercial key as well, ask the person that is the "Owner" of the commercial key to log into their Customer Portal account with their email, then add you as a user to that account.
Then log out and in again from your account and it should show the right tag.
After you've done this, if it doesn't, PM me.

Reactions: accentlogic
The last bit I'm wondering about is the PC Softphone option on the screen, I press that, it gives me a dialling tone, but doesn't appear to link back to 3CX on the laptop. Am I asking too much too soon? Should I sit and wait for updates?
Hi Alex,
Did you ever get or find or receive an answer about this? I'm seeing the same problem and can't find a solution.

Last edited:
Any further update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.