Yealink y18 as external gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by PalestineCold, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PalestineCold

Let me start by apologizing for asking about provisioning the yealink phones. I have read numerous other threads and many people's answer was to use the search function. I have tried for a week to get this phone working to no avail.

That being said, I have 2 yealink t18's. One is an internal extensions and works fine. The other is an external extension in which I also have a polycom phone. For the yealink external extension, I can can place calls to other extensions and outside numbers without a problem. When I try to receive a call on the yealink, there is no audio. The polycom phone has no issues and works perfectly. The remote location and the location where my 3cx server is have static puplic IP addresses.

The sip port for my 3cx server is 5060 and the address for the external polycom phone is static_ip:5060 whereas the yealink's address is static_ip:5062. I can post logs if necessary, but I am hesitant to do that now since they would contain my static ip's as well as mine and my customer's phone numbers

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

have you installed the latest Yealink Firmware?

I had some T22's which didn't work externally - and a Firmware udpate corrected it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PalestineCold

I am on 18.0.0.80 which the website says is the latest firmware

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

doesn't look like this one gets updated as often - feature set is minimal. depending on when it was compiled - it is possible it still has the external connection bug in it that I found in the 22's.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. PalestineCold

Just out of curiosity, what settings are you using for your 22?

For me, I entered the MAC address in the phone provisioning section of the extension in 3cx, entered 5060 for the SIP port, and 9000 and 9049 for the rtp ports. In the "other" section in the extension, i have PBX delivers audio, support re-invite, and support 'replaces' header checked and disallow use of external extension outside the lan unchecked. For me, auto provisioning will not work.

In the phone settings, I have the username, register name, display name, and pw all entered in. Then I have the public IP of the 3cx server entered. For NAT traversal, I have it set to stun and I am using my public IP address and the port 5060 entered since I have stun disabled in 3cx. I also have rport enabled. Under the advanced section of networking, I have the MAXRTPPort set to 9049 and the MINRTPPort set to 9000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.